• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Phoebe please :-(

charlie82

Mama Doe
Phoebe is in full blown ileus at the moment :cry::cry:

In the space of literally ten minutes she went from being a normal bouncy bunny to being poorly. I can't believe it!

Vibes needed please to get her through tonight.....:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Phoebe is in full blown ileus at the moment :cry::cry:

In the space of literally ten minutes she went from being a normal bouncy bunny to being poorly. I can't believe it!

Vibes needed please to get her through tonight.....:cry::cry::cry::cry:

OH NO SENDING LOADS OF VIBES.

is this what she was suffering with this morning x

OH NO SENDING LOADS OF VIBES.

is this what she was suffering with this morning x

thank you...yes :cry:

I left her a few hours to see if she would pick me up and i feel terribly guilty. I'm normally straight to the vets but every one was saying it was just me being paranoid. I'm following my instincts next time. She has some abdominal swelling too but not badly bloated. We think she may have fallen off the bed, or eaten some foam out of a cat bed....i'm hoping it's not the latter :cry:

Oh no, is she at the Vets now?

Janex

Hi Jane,

No I have her at home. She is a rabbit that is very very easily stressed and once went into stasis just after a car ride :?

My vet gave her a thorough examination this afternoon including a skeletal exam to make sure she hadn't injured herself and said that if she isn't any better by tomorrow morning to give her a ring and she will come in to give her an x ray (she's off tomorrow and the vet in is useless with rabbits). She wasn't convinced that she had a true blockage but she has no gut sounds whatsover. i am just shocked that she went from binkying around like mad to being so poorly :( She seems out of it at the moment.

Hi Jane,

No I have her at home. She is a rabbit that is very very easily stressed and once went into stasis just after a car ride :?

My vet gave her a thorough examination this afternoon including a skeletal exam to make sure she hadn't injured herself and said that if she isn't any better by tomorrow morning to give her a ring and she will come in to give her an x ray (she's off tomorrow and the vet in is useless with rabbits). She wasn't convinced that she had a true blockage but she has no gut sounds whatsover. i am just shocked that she went from binkying around like mad to being so poorly :( She seems out of it at the moment.

Oh dear :cry:
Has she had any meds?

Janex

Yes she had zantac, metoclop and a high dose of injectable metacam. I'm going to give her an oral dose of zantac and metoclop late tonight.... is there anything else I should do? She's drinking on her own now.

Earlier on she kept urinating in odd places then turning round and drinking it :? Normally she's 100% litter trained.

Sorry, I had to go offline after my last post.
I hope Phoebe is feeling better this morning ?
Loss of litter training often occurs in a poorly Bun and they will try to clean-up after themself by drinking their wee (to remove their scent so as not to attract a predator).

Janex

Back