• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

"Summer", which photo to choose....

Bavarian Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Ok, so this week's theme for the RU photo competition is summer. I went around the garden and took some photos, and just can't decide which one to enter for the competition.

Euphorbia in the rain

July2008036.jpg

Pond grass in the rain

July2008038.jpg

Pond pebble beach in the rain

July2008041.jpg

Fern in the rain

July2008042.jpg

Knippie Alcazar in the rain

July2008034.jpg

Knippie Corallina in the rain

July2008037.jpg

Daylily in the rain

July2008039.jpg

:roll::roll::roll:

so depressing that all the summer pictures feature rain!! :cry: Great photos though. If I had to pick I'd go with the first or last one...although I also like the pebbles...right, I'm not helping am I?!

I think I like the daylily best. And also a photo from a little while ago, which I posted before:

DSCF0421.jpg

And the one I posted in the competition section, which was taken last year in July. Our garden had turned into a lake for a few hours.

flood2.jpg

Just trying to find some positive aspects of this weather. :lol:

Fab pics Gisela!:D I love the plant pics ( predictably):roll:.Love the day lily and the Pennisetum flower head; Red bunny tails by any chance?

Fab pics Gisela!:D I love the plant pics ( predictably):roll:.Love the day lily and the Pennisetum flower head; Red bunny tails by any chance?

Red buttons, but probably just an alternative name. The Knippie Alcazar is glowing like a torch, it has a very intensive colour, and I can see it from my desk.
Now I need to go and feed the bunnies. I don't think there will be a dry moment before tomorrow.

They are all good photos.. you obviously have a very good close-up camera :D Never seen plants like those before, very unusual :D Thought the competition photos were supposed to be annonymous though ;)

Back