• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit rehome

animal ry

Warren Veteran
hi i was talking to a woman at the rspca and she said that with all rehoming centers being overcrowded that sometimes people take the rabbits and hold them while the rehoming center finds them somewhere to live is this true???

because i wnat to help rabbits like that if possibel :wave:

hi i was talking to a woman at the rspca and she said that with all rehoming centers being overcrowded that sometimes people take the rabbits and hold them while the rehoming center finds them somewhere to live is this true???

because i wnat to help rabbits like that if possibel :wave:

If you mean fosterer's then yes lots of people on here do that, they look after the rabbits for the rescue in their homes :)

Yeah, thats when you foster the animals untill they are able to find permanent homes.

Do you mean fostering?

Some rescues use volunteer foster carers for rabbits if thet don't have enough space in the rescue, or if a bun can't be rehomed due to medical problems, etc.

Perhaps you could find a rescue in your area and ask them if they need fosterers? Some rescues don't use fosterers though, but may need help doing other things.

It will depend on how old you are as legally a child under the age of 16 can not be resposible for an animal it would be the parents resposibility, and also if you live with your parents (regardless of your age) then they have to give permission for letting the rabbits or guinea pigs be on their property. Also if you live in rented property then you would have to get in touch with the landlord for permission.

Back