• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another Q. about Happy Hutch 6ft combo

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
What size of mesh are Happy Hutch using these days? (My old HH has 1 inch by half inch mesh)

And what thickness/gauge is it?

Ta muchly

Amy

1x half, 19g wire,i would'nt say it's that thick i have thistle hall and the wire on that is much thicker.From your post it does'nt sound like they have changed it,hth

amanda

Thanks for you reply :D

TBH I don't like the quality of the mesh on my HH...it's very thin and not very good quality. :(

I already have one of the 'other' 6ft combos off Ebay, but I'm not happy about the ramp so was thinking of getting a HH next time, but it sounds like the mesh isn't great...so I'm undecided now :roll:

maybe you could ring him and ask if he could use a heavier mesh,i know he does custom orders,maybe worth a try

amanda

The mesh doesn't look very strong on mine, either. We have perspex on 3 sides and the lid of the run, and that perspex shutter to cover the hutch. There is just one side which has just the mesh. I don't think a fox could cause damage, though. We have badgers around here, and they are much stronger, but I haven't seen any in our garden so far. Not sure how well they can get over fences.

Back