• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vetbed - washing

always put it in an old pillow case otherwise loose bits will eventually block your filter of the machine if you are unlucky.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

im hoesntly not allowed it lol! i said to my mum the other day as we were heading to lakeside 'oh when were in ikea im gunna get some vetbed type stuff cus its cheaper' and she went 'no youre not!' really angrily

her washing machine was on its way out anyway.......

:( lol

always put it in an old pillow case otherwise loose bits will eventually block your filter of the machine if you are unlucky.

Thanks for the pillowcase tip! Our washing machine refused to empty water last week, and OH found the filter clogged up with hay and fur :oops:

Thanks! How often do you wash it?

I only use the vetbed for the pigs. I wash it twice a week on a 60 degree wash (now in an old pillowcase!). It will survive a 90 wash if it is particulalry skanky (well mine did). I'd probably do it less frequently if it were used for litter trained buns, not sure :?

i wash 3 pieces together,i usually change it every day or every other day i wait till i have 3 pieces to wash.I have'nt noticed anything wrong with my macine yet(touch wood) but have noticed the colour of the water is bright green same has the vetbed,yet it's not faded looks more like the colour of the back of it,if that makes sense

amanda

My hubby cleans the washing machine filter every time I wash the bunny stuff as it gets bunged up with fur. Not had a problem with the machine using this method!

I've only used it for piggies, and have successfully washed it lots of times on 95 degrees (there is no 90 degree wash on my machine) inside an old duvet cover.

Yep I can stand testament to not washing vet bed in a pillow case too.:oops::oops:. I do now though. I have to change Dandelions vet bed every couple of days as she is a messy doe and has problems, the others are trained and I only wash theirs weekly. I always give it a brush and hoover it first to get as much dust out as poss, then put it through the wash. It tumble dries really well in this weather too.:D

I only have to hang mine up for around 15 mins in any whethe and it dries almost instantly. I don't use a pillowcase and I wash 2 loads of rat hammocks weekly too. I would check my filter bt I don't know where it is or how I do it :oops:

I was worried about breaking the washer so handwashed the vet bed. It was like washing a sheep, so heavy when wet :shock:

I now use the pillowcase trick :D

I only wash mine when it needs it. ;) My bunny only sit on his for comfort and thats no different than a carpet a house bunny would sit on. My bun is very clean and doesn't have accidents on his. :D

I wash mine in the winter daily but in the summer only when they pee on it.I put it in one of the runs when its raining so they can sit on something dry when they need to shelter

Back