• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Joey

Firstly thank you to everyone who showed their support on the other thread and thought of us, it was very kind and sincerely very appreciated. Its really what we needed

Joey is still very much the same. Only thinner, and a little weaker. But lively in himself, hopping around, begging for treats, his usual Joey-like self

Were having terrible problems though

:( Firstly seeing him like that tears us apart whenever we walk into the kitchen, reminding us of Sun and the other buns, and although were tyring to be strong, it just seems impossible to hold it together

Then theres the fact that theyre in the kitchen, which is not ideal for them, for us or for little Luna. Im worried their illness will spread to her, yet we no longer have a safe or comfortable hutch to put them outdoors, and id rather he was indoors anyway as he needs special care, extra cuddles, his porridge and meds etc. Theyre not even supposed to be in the house, and the lino floor is very hard for Joe to hop on now his back legs have nearly given way

But i cant think what else to do, it feels like all we can do is stay in this situ and watch...and watch and watch...all over again. I feel bad for Fae, as although she seems to be in perfect health, shes confined with him and she may get ill. Yet we cant seperate them. I miss having them both as our happy, healthy babies, like things were. Everythings changed around here

Im just rambling again arent i? Does anyone have any ideas? Were just finding the whole thing too much to cope with so soon after the loss of Sun, Earl, Charlie, Macy and Amile:(

Now im paranoid and keep thinking im seeing symptoms in Luna when im probably (hopefully to God) not

Why did this happen to us?
We tried all we could
:(

Thanx everyone, sorry to moan

It happened because sometimes life sucks!:cry:

You got him this far don't give up now

Thinking of you and sending big hugs

Aww big hugs hun :( It's not fair that any of this has happened to you and I really, really hope Joey can pull through this for you and Fae. Thinking of you all xx

You could try putting Vetbed down for Joey, it'll help his legs

Only problem is, he'll probably wee where ever he is meaning it'll need to be washed quite frequently.

Have you considered giving him some porridge to help him put the weight back on?

Stripes was with her brother and their mate through quite a bit of her illness before I had to bring her inside for 24 hour care and they've remained 100% healthy

Lucky was also with his sister throughout his illness and she's absolutely fine so don't worry too much about Fae ;)

awww hun :cry::cry: i have no idea really what its like but the only way you will cope is to try not to worry and take each day at a time..

miracles can happen and maybe its your turn to get one... hope Joey gets better soon *HUUUUUGGGSSSS*

Back