• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Could I see pictures of your indoor dog crates?

Bun Bun

Warren Scout
Hopefully my 48" dog crate should be arriving today and I wondered whether anyone had any pictures of their dog crate set-ups.

Also would a 48" crate be big enough for 2 small buns. It will house one to begin with but in the near future I may need to get him a friend. They would have free-range of the whole house for 1 1/2 hrs in the morning and all evening from when I get home from work until bed. They will be out for much longer on my 2 days off and on Fridays I finish work at 2.30 so will be out from when i get home then as well.

I have only had outdoor buns before so unsure what sort of set-up indoor buns need. he was living outside in a playhouse/run combo with my other 2 buns but due to his circumstances he needed to come in as a house bun permenantly.

This is my 48" dog crate, firstly with foster bunny Tia in it. She was a large bunny!

cage2.jpg

And this is when Hobbes and Phoebe moved indoors when Hobbes was poorly. I had to turn the whole cage upside down as the gaps at the bottom were big enough for Hobbes to squeeze through and escape!

cage.jpg

A lot of people add a shelf for a second storey but as mine had free run of the dining room every day for a few hours then I didn't think that was necessary.

Thanks.
I did think about adding a shelf but I wasn't sure how much space that would cut off where the ramp goes?

This was Button's and Snowy's crate which they lived in for a few weeks in the spare bedroom after they had been bonded.

000_0458.jpg

And this was their crate in my bedroom whilst I was decorating the spare bedroom. They both live outside now.

DSC00044_edited.jpg

I have some of those pen panels, did they ever try and jump over the top?

Not that I know of but they're not really jumpers. Snowy has bad eyesight and struggles to jump anywhere.

I wouldnt leave my Bugsy and Lola in it without a lid cos Lola really is a jumper, she used to jump onto the top of the dog crate :roll:

Max isn't s jumper but when I used the pen for bonding he could reach the top with his paws when he stretched upwards :?

heres mine a while ago with pen attached....ive changed some things now.....and sorry the picture is sideways, youll have to turn your head!

penshots003.jpg

Well the crate arrived today and it's brown! why not black or silver? may have to paint it pink with some japlac. My rats all have pink hammocks and accessorys and most of them are boys :oops:

Not taken it out the box yet but it looks HUGE :shock: Oh and nice of the man to carry it in for me! he bleeding left it out the front, I had to struggle to carry this massive box, which has no handles, which is slightly heavy in on my own!!
He turned up a 4pm, so I had waited in all day :roll: I only needed to get some lino to go under it but still!

Oh well it's here now.

Will the 48" allow enough room for 2 small buns during the day if I were to get Max a friend?

Back