• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

omg im scared! please help!

funny bunny

Young Bun
hi everyone im very worried!! i know bunnies shed fur in all but my bunny is l osing hair like crazy you crab is har not even a tug and large pieces of hair come right out they are huge what is going on??? plz answer

It sounds like your rabbits is moulting. They can lose fur quite dramatically during this and it often comes out in clumps.

Try searching the forum for posts about moulting you may find some pictures :)

If the skin is sore or flaky it could be mites which your vet can treat easily.

thank you i was so scared for a moment after he is my first bunny and i see thing ive never xperienced :roll: well it is true that you do learns omething new everyday! thank you tasmin!! :D:D

It sounds like your rabbits is moulting. They can lose fur quite dramatically during this and it often comes out in clumps.

Try searching the forum for posts about moulting you may find some pictures :)

If the skin is sore or flaky it could be mites which your vet can treat easily.

my bun is moulting.....and has bald spots too,but also has areas which have flakes on the skin which look likedandruff...but has had this scince we bought her!!! she doesnt scratch at it, so it cant be mites...can it? ive done a check but i dont see anything which could be a mite-my other bunny cookie doesn't have this...so if it was mites he would be infected.... could it be mites????:?

my bun is moulting.....and has bald spots too,but also has areas which have flakes on the skin which look likedandruff...but has had this scince we bought her!!! she doesnt scratch at it, so it cant be mites...can it? ive done a check but i dont see anything which could be a mite-my other bunny cookie doesn't have this...so if it was mites he would be infected.... could it be mites????:?

yes it is likely it is mites..that is what causes the bald patches and flakey skin.... i would take to a bet adn get some ivermetican...usually it will spread bun to bun but not always... it is unusuall but not unheard of for buns to not scratch with mites...

ive noticed they seem to moult in stages, i sit there pulling the loose fur out if its really bad as the brushes fill up to quick and ruins the flow so they get a bit more twitchy "is she grooming me or not come on ":lol: 2 of my buns love it when i do this as its a good excuse for a good back scratch to which they love, they start doing that licking the air thing:lol: they look semi bald but with the regular grooming its better as they dont ingest to much fur then

Back