• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can bunnies live alone?

Janna Galaxy

Young Bun
With the passing of Lannie, I'm going to get another bunny to give the same love as I did with Lannie.

Now, my question is can bunnys live single or do they need to be in pairs? I wouldn't mind having a pair, I live in flat and I have an indoor hutch.

I'm asking this as I've heard that they like to live in pairs but Lannie was more happy on his own. Although it's suppected he had abit of a holiday romance last year.

What would you suggest?

Thanks
Janine

If you can accommodate a pair I would definitely go with that. Rabbits that prefer living alone tend to be the exception rather than the rule :D Plus you get all the fun of watch them interact - grooming/sleeping together is so cute to watch!

Ok, how big of an hutch is needed?

Lannie had loads of room and was preety much free range in my flat. He'd only be locked up at night.

our bun we lost recently, pooh bear, loved seeing other rabbits just didnt like to share! she lived for 7 years ans was very happy just to watch the others but have her own bed and toys:roll:
we have a 48" dog crate which houses 2 buns.dont really know much about hutches though!:lol:

:wave:

i live with shaun and molly. its a long story but they dnt meet yet. but they both have part of the house to run round in. i think if you have more than a good few hrs to spend with ur buns then single house buns would be ok.
x

Well, sometimes if I could play with Lannie, I used to lock him up in the bathroom to play and explore. He loved it. I kinda used it as a indoor run. It's big enough for two bunnies to play about in while I go to the shops.

Generally speaking I think it's best to get a pair.
Squidgy is a single housebun, but he's rather special :D and we're at home most of the time with him.

Back