• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i was rewarded so i will eat my hat share your tales

areia

Wise Old Thumper
ok some may remember a thread i put up about a burmese cat i found, and took her to the vets and her owner who was soo upset he had lost her for a week and i was a little miffed as i hadnt heard anything as a way of thank you, welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll tonight 3 weeks after i have a knock on the door and was presented with a bottle of champers proper french brut as well a box of thorntons eden andddddddddddddd an beautiful orchid, i now have to eat my words at being miffed at them and reflect at what i did when i found her, although i would of done with any animal whether their owner were gratefull or not and would do it all again too, is that there are still loverly people out there, didnt help though he had one of her offspring in his car, he is a beautiful blue burmese last one left ooooooooooo i was cooing and sniffing getting that new kitten smell 14 weeks old, so now i will humbly eat my words at the same time decideing which choc to eat, and pray the orchid doesnt die, :? veg i can grow easy house plants ooo eck crumbs

has anyone else been rewarded in such a fashion ??

how lovely :D

Last year we helped an old man whos 14 year old lab had collapsed on a walk.Hubby carried the 8 stone lab and i helped the old man into our car and we drove to the vets.Sadly the lab died in the car park :cry:

A week later he sent us some gorgeous flowers and chocs,and a card saying he was so thankful that we were there to help

enjoy your chocs :D

aww that so sad i feel a lot for old people who love the company of there pets but cant help them enough, was so nice you were there at the time to help him,

I found a mobile phone while I was out horse riding once, I took it to our local police station and about 2 weeks later I got a £30 HMV voucher and a letter from the phones owner.:D

My son found part of a mobile phone he had found on the street when he was about 9, he had to pick it up ....... I made him put it in the bin. 2 days later we spotted a sign saying someone had lost their phone in the same road, we fished it out of the bin and contacted them :oops:. Having told them the location where we had found it they then found the back of the phone and the battery.

They gave my son £20 even though the phone was now broken, the sim card had pictures of the ladies late mother.

Back