• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

random farm/child whinge

HannahBee

Warren Scout
Hmmm not sure if this is in the right section (sorry if it isn't)

Anyways.. I went to a farm today (Me my bf and friend - the oldest there without kids!)... & got there in time for 'handling the animals' - well the baby bunnies!... I got to hold a month old white and black pokey uppy eared one! It hadn't been handled so they were giving the older buns to the kids. :( theres was a gorgeous smokey grey one given to the little girl next to me.. and the bun was quite lively and started nibbling the girls coat which she found funny at first then totally freaked out and kept batting the bunny away and screaming. But the mum just stood there and didnt attempt to take it off her even though this poor bunny was terrified and getting ragged about!! - I dont have sympathy for kids!

and then the others were picking their bunnies up by their necks and legs etc even though the girls who worked there and were keeping an eye on everyone kept telling them to leave them on the straw bales between their legs.. and again the parents said and did nothing to either help the kids hold them/keep them in a good place or to tell them off when they had them dangled!

BUT it was a lovely farm & the animals were soooo cute!!

i had a right go at a child once on the way home from the school run one day, there are 3 cats that well like attention after this i think one wont be so keen, the girl was stroking one which was fine then she decided to pick it up for which it decided it didnt like it and struggled to get down for which she held it tighter and it scratched her, for which she then dropped it and kicked it, IIIIIIIII WENT NUTS she was walking home on her own even if her parent was there i would of had a go, i said to her "dont you ever do that again, it clearly didnt like being picked up so it did what would come natural thats why its scratched you, if i ever see you kicking an animal again i will kick you" she look dumb founded but went off sulking most likely had a moan to her mom but i dont care, animals over humans any time with me

Hmmm. I think you might have been to the same farm i went to last week. Similar experience; there was a young girl and lad, both of who had work experience badges on, and a more experienced guy who was showing people how to do it correctly. I also told a few people how to do it properly and the older guy just mouthed thank you at me as i did it! But yes, lots of parents who didn't care how their child held the bun as long as they got a photo :roll: x jess

Hmmm. I think you might have been to the same farm i went to last week. Similar experience; there was a young girl and lad, both of who had work experience badges on, and a more experienced guy who was showing people how to do it correctly. I also told a few people how to do it properly and the older guy just mouthed thank you at me as i did it! But yes, lots of parents who didn't care how their child held the bun as long as they got a photo :roll: x jess

Its probably the same as I am from near southampton too!

It was a nice farm but that ruined it for me! I had a 4 week old bun in my jumper/hands so couldnt even save it when they were ragging it about.

Another thing that bugged me was a woman there to buy a bunny & wanted the tan coloured ones which left the silver one on its own... and as we walked past them they were all grooming eachother.. it broke my heart :(

Its probably the same as I am from near southampton too!

It was a nice farm but that ruined it for me! I had a 4 week old bun in my jumper/hands so couldnt even save it when they were ragging it about.

Another thing that bugged me was a woman there to buy a bunny & wanted the tan coloured ones which left the silver one on its own... and as we walked past them they were all grooming eachother.. it broke my heart :(

I know that place too. I've been there with my son (who handles our bunnies correctly under close supervision) I was amazed how it seemed a bit like a free for all. If they feel the need to let young kids handle baby animals then maybe they need to look at the ratios they employe to ensure no animals are harmed etc. Sometimes the adults are just as useless handling the animals as the kids! I see they sell Bunnies there too, but they didnt have a clue as to breed/size/care etc so I did not feel overly enthuised

Back