• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frightened rabbit- no apparent reason (to humans anyway)

FriskyClover

Warren Veteran
I wonder if anyone has any ideas.

This morning I went down to feed the rabbits and let them out at 6.30am, as usual, before I opened the playhouse door, I could hear thumping from inside. When I opened up, Smokey was fine and munched her pellets, by contrast, Inky was obviously upset and refused to eat his pellets. I let them out and Inky came outside, did a few thumps, then ate a few carrot tops from my hand and then seemed to sttle down.

He has seemed a bit on edge since then but went in OK for his pellets at 3pm.

I looked everywhere this morning for a reason for his upset and could find nothing, they even have curtains on the playhouse so nothing can look in. The only thing I can think of is that he heard a fox/cat outside the playhouse.

Any ideas?

Thanks

FC xx

I'm not sure why, but my rabbit Bugsy does this. Something will spook her, she'll go runging to her 'safe' spot (under the computer chair) and thump for about ten mins.

Maybe he just heard something he didn't like.

Thank you for the replies.

It's good to know I'm not the only person who has spooked bunnies! I never thought it could be something he has caught the scent of.

Back