• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Is Jamie going to be ok?? Vet gave myxo vaccs twice =[

loobie_lou

Mama Doe
The vet didn't read the notes from 2 weeks ago and has given Jamie the myxo vaccs again!! She says he'll be ok, but I'm worried sick... wont it cancel out the immunity from the vaccination? And he has to wait another 2 weeks til he can have his VHD.

I'm fed up of stupid people :(

The vet didn't read the notes from 2 weeks ago and has given Jamie the myxo vaccs again!! She says he'll be ok, but I'm worried sick... wont it cancel out the immunity from the vaccination? And he has to wait another 2 weeks til he can have his VHD.

I'm fed up of stupid people :(

Awwwww I am sure he will be fine :)
I would wait a bit longer than 2 weeks b4 giving his VHD Vaccination though. I hope the Vet will do that one free of charge

Janex

Awwwww I am sure he will be fine :)
I would wait a bit longer than 2 weeks b4 giving his VHD Vaccination though. I hope the Vet will do that one free of charge

Janex

She said to go back in 2 weeks, how long would you leave it Jane? He gets so stressed out going in the carrier... and having to take Sapphire too, they're both really unhappy now and it was uneccesary. If she doesn't do it free of charge I will kick off, I can't afford to pay for the course again :( x

You really shouldn't have to pay for the VHD :shock: I would call up and discuss what happened with the vet practice, I know mistakes happen but they shouldn't charge you for their wrong doings.

there should be no problem from having two myxo jabs and sorry to disagree but it should be fine to have the VHD vaccine in two weeks.

As I said in the above post Misty had double Myxi, had to wait two weeks before her next jab but she was fine :wave: :wave:

What would happen if I went at 2 weeks? x

Well my Unqualified opinion is that having 2 Myxi vacs is putting rather a lot of work on the immune system. The VHD Vac is yet another onslaught and personally I would not want to vaccinate any of my Buns for VHD 2 weeks after havine 2 Myxi vacs. I just feel the Buns immune response to the VHD vaccine may not be as good if done after 2 weeks. A good immune response is required for any vaccine to be effective.
Again, this is my personal unqualified opinion.

Janex :)

Well my Unqualified opinion is that having 2 Myxi vacs is putting rather a lot of work on the immune system. The VHD Vac is yet another onslaught and personally I would not want to vaccinate any of my Buns for VHD 2 weeks after havine 2 Myxi vacs. I just feel the Buns immune response to the VHD vaccine may not be as good if done after 2 weeks. A good immune response is required for any vaccine to be effective.
Again, this is my personal unqualified opinion.

Janex :)

Well Jamie is going for his VHD vac in the morning... decided to wait 3 weeks... reached a compromise with myself, lol.

Thanks Jane x

Back