• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding diary.....lewis and sandy

mopsmum

Mama Doe
10.10.am..

buns in pet carrier ...
Lewis the usualy bossy one seems a bit shell shocked :?
Sandy seems a bit on edge.

have had a couple of minor scuffles...nothing serious

Awwwww Sandy licked his ears ....

11.00am ...

all quiet ...munching spring greens and chilling....

does this mean i can stop shaking now :shock: :? :?

just taken them to stay at angies for an hour as i have to got to my daughters parents day. thought i might get a few stares walking in there with a pet carrier :lol:

just gonna put them in an indoor cage ....:? :?

its now 13.26 :?

never done bonding this way before ... always started in a large area then gone smaller .... seems realy weord doing it the other way around :shock:

they are in the indoor cage ...nervously eyeing each other ... :? :?

im nervously trying to chill and ignore them .... :? :roll:

we have had lots of thumping ....but surprisingly no humping ...

lewis just licked her ear :love:

still seen nervous around each other though :?

cant you set up webcam so i can watch them while i quickly eat my sarnie. i will at yours in a mo to bunny sit while you do school run.

3.09 back at my house,in a pet carrier.both been nibbling food and looking much more relaxed.this way of bonding is much better than usual technique.ive spent full days sat in my large run before, with supplies of food and drink FOR ME ,and a phone incase of emergencys just so i can make sure theres no fighting.

I prefer the big to small technique - but I reduce the size ever few minutes - that way they can be bonded in 10:lol:

I've only tried it once in a carrier - it was a rebond & I couldn't get to them to separate fast enough when the scuffle started & Spice had a torn ear from her sister. I'll stick to my reducing room I think:D

we now have 2 relaxed buns laid nose to nose in an indoor cage ...

Still a bit jumpy with each other when one is moving around but i feel confident enough to leave them now while i go outside to feed the other buns ... :D

and we have 2 buns sharing hay... Lewis still doing a bit of thumping but.... awwww wish id got digicam...hes just done a flop :love:

sssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

they are snuggled up side by side :love: :love: :love:

awwwww...* tiptoes off quietly to bed ...*

ohh yes... its 22.51 pm

nite ;)

day 3 ... 13.27...

Lewis and Sandy have now been transfered from my bedroom ...:roll:...into a hutch ..

we have had some tiffs ... but nothing too serious ... we have also had some grooming...mostly Lewsis groomong Sandy ...

Lewis is desperate to be groomed back but Sandy is having none of it 0:? :roll:

Back