• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My poor rabbits

Oh... poor bunnies... mine got out on the grass on Firday and Saturday as it wasn't too bad weather wise... but yesterday was just wet... wet... wet!! I had them in for a run about inside instead for an hour or so - which they seem to enjoy :D (apart from some small wire chewing incident which we won't mention :oops:)

Hannah

All three of mine have been stuck in now for about 5 days with this rain and they are going potty as they are usually out until midnight with free access to the outside. Baileys trashed his hutch and wont come out of it and so did Thumper after sitting at the back door for an hour without it being opened.

Ive got five rabbits of which three of them seem to love sitting in the rain even though they have a big shed to go into for shelter.The other two hate the rain.I had to go outside and get Bugsy and Barlie in last night because it was raining so hard.

Have you been offering them the chance to come out?

As long as the rain isn't absolutely drenching then I would still let them out. If it is too heavy then they'll likely go back in the hutch but mine don't mind normal rain at all. Usually they go back in after about 30mins rather than the usual 1hr though and just start grooming themselves.

its horrid isnt it :( :( guinness looks like a hedgehog, his fur is soaked and all sticking up in spikes. he does have a large shelter but wont go in it! I'll bring him into the kitchen for a bit later to dry off.

Mine go out whatever the weather, they have plenty of shelter but only use it if it rains very hard, when it's just light rain they don't seem to mind it at all!

My poor indoor bun had to be locked in her cage all of yesterday, most of the day befopre and most of today because we are painting the house. Shes out now though, so its ok!

"When will summer come?" ----- We've had it! Remember Feb, March and April? That was summer. I was on the beach here in Feb. Yes, it was cold, but sunny. I hate the weather we are getting now!

Kick en out, lazy bunnies :lol: mine have been out, some of them like the rain, nutters :lol::lol::lol:

I have to actually put mine out in runs though i dont have an attached run and they would of been drenced if id of put them out the last 3 days:(

Mine has been out the last 3 days but with a blue tarp over the run. Poor thing, but as soon as I'm home if it stops raining I'll let him free run in the garden for a minute or two before having to rush him back in again. :lol:

Mine has been out the last 3 days but with a blue tarp over the run. Poor thing, but as soon as I'm home if it stops raining I'll let him free run in the garden for a minute or two before having to rush him back in again.

Thats what I do! :lol: Its easier to herd them in when they are loose than keep running back and to with pet carriers from the run to shed (I only have grass on my front garden).They either go in the run or are loose in my yard. Mine have had a few hours grazing time each day in the last few days. I think they were out for about 5 hours Sunday but then it just chucked it down and didn't stop. I try and leave them out as long as I can but I do worry they might get a chill:oops::lol:. I left my giants free range in the back thinking they would go into the shed of their own accord. Went to check on them and found Radar drenched to the skin sitting in a massive downpour. I beg to differ with those who say they will go in when they are so wet... Either that or I have really dumb rabbits? My little ones never use their shelter either so the whole run has to be covered with tarp...

Last edited:
Mine have a plastic cover on the run but the water runs off into it so they would be swimming by the time i get home:lol:

I have just been putting a huge plastic sheet and tarpaulin to put over the runs and hold it in place with bricks. If you get a really large piece you can shape it over the run so that the rain does not flow into it. Only one of mine doesn't have the run attached so I just put the carrier inside in case he wants to go in for a snooze but he mostly just snoozes on the grass.

The rain and wind was bad yesterday. I got drenched as I was deep cleaning all the hutches (as it was sunny) then all of a sudden this torrential rain came from nowhere.
I know it's crazy but I actually love the rain when it's like that, it reminds me of the laughs we used to have when I was yard manager trying to get the schizzy arabs and thoroughbeds in.:lol:

Back