• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Situation

milly100

Alpha Buck
Hi,
I have a current situation. I have a male rescue bunny that is defiantley an outdoor bunny and I have a female house bunny. When I got the rescue bunny the plan was to keep him as a companion for my house bunny. They are both neutered. But my rescue bunny hates the house, so at the moment hes living on his own in a hutch/run combo which i know isnt ideal and my house bunny is still in the house. I put her outside yesterday but it was raining and she hated it. Since then Ive been thinking of other options and Ive got a big wooden garage which isnt used for anything anymore other than storage so I was thinking that this would be ideal for both bunnies and theres pleanty space. The only draw back is that it doesnt have any windows. I know we could get 1 put in but our house is on the market and knowing my luck i would do the window then the house would sell. The garage does have 2 big doors which open and I could leave 1 open through the day but Im trying to think what I could use to securely keep other animals getting in. Any suggestions??

how do you know he hates the house? did he seem depressed?

The only thing I can think of is attaching his run to the wooden garage & cutting a cat flap in the side of it to give them access to the run.

how do you know he hates the house? did he seem depressed?

The only thing I can think of is attaching his run to the wooden garage & cutting a cat flap in the side of it to give them access to the run.

We have had him for about 2 months and the only time he is happy is when hes outside. He hates coming in at night times and when hes in the house he just stamps his foot all the time

Back