• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dear Bunny...this is how much i love u...

Breeeeeza

New Kit
Problems:
-I was only allowed to get bunny a friend if he was to live outside
BUT in australia we dont hav the myxi vaccine so it has to be mosquito proof
also, i like being able to watch him play, and spend lots of time with him and i didnt want to hav to walk across the yard to do so.

Solution...

Turning a shade-clothed area outside the door into a bunny enclosure,where i can see them through the door, open the door to let them in, shadecloth is mosquito proof, there was already an existing concrete slab etc.

I spent the past few weeks planning and gathering materials and waiting for the right weather...sure enough finally i woke up to a sunny day (or 3) so i went to work, on my new bunny enclosure, after 2 days ive completed it to the stage where he can go in there, but its not mosquito proof for when the season comes.

So here it is...in stages

The bunny's room...

rabbitsunroom002.jpg

The door...

rabbitsunroom003-1.jpg

The area outside the door...

rabbitsunroom007.jpg

Added wire, side frames, more shadecloth a door to outside...

rabbitsunroom020.jpg

rabbitsunroom017.jpg

Bunny loves it, he hops outside, and goes back inside, it took him a while before hed go out there i think he was confused lol.

rabbitsunroom022.jpg

rabbitsunroom029.jpg

So now he can go out there in the sun, listen to the birds, get some fresh air, and mums happy coz there wont be poo trailing thru the house (once i set it all up for him to actually go out there ie hutches, shelves etc). Best of all he gets to hav a friend :)

That's a very clever solution! Now you and he get the best of both places :D

Tam

and now where the kennel was along that side section is a 2 storey hutch that i just leave open thats full of hay.

Back