• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scared or relaxed?

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks me again - sorry to be a pain:oops:

Whne I stroke Lola or groom her she goes really still and quiet. I dont want to scare her or upset her but she needs combing or she matts up.

Is she quiet because she is scared? Or am I doing the right thing? Her nose twitches and she seems chilled.

She is long haired so needs combing (brushes just dont do it) and I chat to her when I do it but I am so scared she is frightened enough to have a heart attack when she goes still.

I would appreciate help, I know I am a newbie - your help so far has been first class - I just dont want to stress her but know she needs grooming.

She sounds like she's enjoying it and letting you "groom" her.. my two do the same thing but Hiro will tend to stick his nose out as he loves nose rubs :) Kiki will just stay still and point her nose slightly up, but she is so small I have to be careful, they both like it :)

Sometimes Hiro will groom me too if he's in the mood, Kiki just backs off and looks at my hand funnily :lol:

I would say she is enjoying it, i think you would feel her heart racing if she was scared.
k & k

my foster buns need grooming every day one is a little flighty but settles and the other we he did scare me abit as he just sat there heart bit racey at first but then i seem to get the "well if you must" look :lol: and he sits there like a dream a very very good boy, all goes with carfull handlin as long as your confident they will not fear you and learn to trust you more

Back