• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help Me Please

misty moo

Warren Scout
can anyone help me my rabbit gave birth yesterday and we fort all was well
she was doing a gd job feeding them and keeping them warm
but i just been to check them now and she dont look to gd she carnt seem to stand up very well iv phoned the vet but is ther anything i can do in the meen time or for the kits? is it posible to hand rear them?

can anyone help me my rabbit gave birth yesterday and we fort all was well
she was doing a gd job feeding them and keeping them warm
but i just been to check them now and she dont look to gd she carnt seem to stand up very well iv phoned the vet but is ther anything i can do in the meen time or for the kits? is it posible to hand rear them?

Hand rearing newborns is seldom succesful :cry:
Mummy Bunny needs urgent Veterinary attention, she may have hypokalcaemia ( low calcium ) of pregnancy toxaemia. So she must be taken to a Vet now
Please keep us updated

Janex

Yeah give the vets a call love, Im sure they will inform you whats to do with the babes and probably tell you to take her in. Hope everything works out ok xx

Have you phoned your vet and arranged to go in this evening?
I know it's not easy finding a local vet on a weekend, and I don't think there are any main branches near you, but please phone your vets and find out where they see their clients out of hours. PDSA is probably nearest, but unless you're eligible, then you may have to go further afield. Good luck

The PDSA on York Road 0113 2408818 might be able to help if you are on benefits.

Hope mummy and babies are OK x x

Their out of hours will probably be seen in Garforth I'd imagine...
Most other vets will refer you to Yorkshire Vets in Pudsey, Abbey House in Morley or Calder Vets in Dewsbury. I don't know of any others that see out of hours on a Sunday.

Back