• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have I forgotten anything??

kcbunny

Young Bun
next weekend we are finally getting our new baby rabbits Bitsy and Frank :)

I am starting to panic a bit now as have never had rabbits before

could anyone tell me if I have everything I need? any last minute advice?

I have a hutch (big happy hutch with run underneath)with stick on floor tiles to stop it getting wee on and extra locks

2 corner litter trays

2 water bottles

food bowl

hay rack

bag of hay for eating

bag of straw for bedding

rabbit food

a little house for in the run

a tube, wooden toys to chew, mineral chewing thing, assortment of rabbit treats, fruit and vegetables in the fridge

feel like I have been waiting forever for them to come!

Aww!

Sounds like you have everything to me :)

Remember though, don't be nervous when your handling them as they can sence fear a mile off okay :)

Good luck in being a new bunny mommy :D

Piccies needed!!!
Diana xx

You sound VERY orgainsed :) Can't wait to see pics of your new arrivals!

I'm presuming they're going to be quite young? Make sure you know what food they've been eating and stick to that initially, even if you plan to change them onto something else. And I wouldn't start the fruit or veg for a while until they're settled in and tums are ok. And then start with a VERY small piece and build it up very gradually. x

Sounds great! Have you got some cleaning stuff for cleaning out day!? :D

Where are you having them from?! :D

Are they one of each sex, if so how old are they as you may end up needing two hutches until they're old enough to neuter.:D:D

Important!

actually one other thing......so they don't get sick you should have two water bowls and two food bowls.

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks everyone for the replies

the bunnies are 8 weeks old an am getting them from a work mate who's rabbits had 6 babies altogether

found out today they have been checked over by the vet and Frank and Bitsy are both boys(not sure how happy Bitsy will be with his name but thats what my daughter has chosen for hers )

will be getting them both the snip asap anyway......

You sound very organised. Its great to hear that people get themselves very organised before actually getting the bunnies. Look forward to seeing some piccys of your new arrivals.

another thing needed :)

i would suggest buying a repellent against ticks and flies, this will ensure your bunnies stay healthy :D You just spray on...rub in and they are all set! this can be repeated whenever but make sure it does not go on thier head//ears//eyes;) have fun!!im a new bunny mommy too!:love: xoxo

Back