• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am i being fair??

milly100

Alpha Buck
As some of you may know from my other post I was going to put my house bunny outside with my rescue bunny who hates the house. Well I tried them together today but it didnt work. So I put my house bunny into the other run. But she wasnt happy at all. It was raining and she didnt have the sense to shelter or anything. Where as my rescue bunny did. im starting to wonder if my house bun is better suited to being in the house. im in such a dilema about the situation as I just want to do whats best!!

Why didn't it work? Was it just the mounting?
Mounting will occur because they are newly bonded and have been put into a new environment, It is likely to perhaps continue for a few weeks. If they are not fighting then I would leave them be providing your doe has enough space to get away from him should she feel harrassed.

Alternatively you could keep your little girl indoors and keep the buck outside....but even though it's not ideal i would consider a friend for the buck as I don't think outdoor bunnies should be on their own. It's a difficult one! :?

It is a very difficult one. Its even harder as my little girl is used to having free run all the time. I feel that this is turning into a nightmare situation.

It is a very difficult one. Its even harder as my little girl is used to having free run all the time. I feel that this is turning into a nightmare situation.

I can only imagine how you must feel.... I would find it very difficult to put any of my bunnies into a cage as they are more or less free range. I know that Nurse croft moved her house bunnies outside and they adapted well!!

I think bunnies are fine being single if they are kept indoors, but I would question what is right for your little boy bunny. I don't know what to suggest :(

maybe try the boy inside and give him time to get used to it first? pearl was an outside bun and it took a few weeks to get used to her new life, now shes as bad as alvin for not wanting to go out :D or even the other way around.. who ever has the change will take a couple of weeks to get used to it, but they will love where ever they are once they have settled....

We have had him for nearly 2 months now and he hasnt adapted at all. All he wants to do is go outside!!! my oh has just bought him and hutch/run combo and he loves it.

ah in that case then give your little girl the chance to fall inlove with the out door life.. dont feel guilty and be strong and in a few weeks time youll have two happy bouncy bunnies.. and if not least you tried :D

ah in that case then give your little girl the chance to fall inlove with the out door life.. dont feel guilty and be strong and in a few weeks time youll have two happy bouncy bunnies.. and if not least you tried :D

Thanks for that reassurance. I will certainly give it a go. I just wish the weather would improve and she might take kinder to it.

Back