• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help rabbits fighting

rachelsawyer

Warren Scout
help!

i let hector out in the gareden and bella and buster were in their hutch, fighting has broken out big time fur pulling and everything what do i do has their bond broken???

Last edited:
Are any of them injured ?

Fur pulling is normal if the bond is new?
Were they circling and holding on to each other ?

Is Hector bonded into them ?

It's more likely because they saw Hector out in the garden. Some rabbits are just very sensitive about seeing other rabbits out in what is 'their' territory. My sister has two couples, if one of them see's the other two out they start chasing each other around the hutch and trying to mount one another.

I would remove Hector and see if they settle down.

no none of them are injured. they have been boneded since they were born. i let hector in the garden and they starting attacking each other im so worried.

My pair of girls - Maggie and Flip - have had a scrap in the past when we cleaned their run out second and they could smell the other buns on the broom! We soon learnt our lesson there! There was fur flying, but no damage done, and they were soon back to being best friends - we distracted them with handfuls of grass to eat and monitored them closely for the rest of the day. Fingers crossed yours will forget their scrap just as quickly! How do they seem now?

i removed hector immediatley brought bella and buster in put them in the spare room naural territory. but have out them in sperate rooms worried one is going to be injured. should i put them back together immediatly?? sorry spelling mistakes trying to type really quickly

So they are apart?

I would try them back together again the same room. They could be fine together now that they can't see hector....

They should be ok now they cant see hector. Put them in neutral territory
Good luck!

ETA- Sorry posted at same time as you Charlie :D

Have the girls been in there before though? Do you have anywhere totally neutral (bathroom, kitchen?) where none of the buns have been?

The strong scent is probably because they have been using their scent glands because of Hector.

Are you sure none are injured? Who is grinding their teeth? That's usually a sign that a bunny is in pain.

Back