• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny proof garden

Marreline

Warren Scout
How do you bunny proof a garden?! Mine is very small. Got patch of grass and flower beds on two sides. Fenced all round, couple of small trees. Can I let them roam - supervised of course. Do they innately know what's edible and what to avoid?

Thanks for any advice xx

Lola goes in the garden but it is very bunny proofed. We have filled every nook and cranny with mesh and lined the bottom of the fence with bricks. She has eaten every plant - she loves clematis, acer, and bypasses the herbs I have grown for her for my beloved clematis!!!:censored:

I would get down on bunny level and look for every hole a bunny may escape. I have planted herbs and water cress in seed trays for her to encourage her away from my plants.

We do have a cat flap into the shed for the cats as they like to sleep in there but Lola has figured out how to operate the cat flap so thats been closed now - very sulky cats!

if you are sure they have no means of escape, what breed to you have? how big are they ? as even the most smallest of holes are tempting to a bun, i have 2 escapoligists so id never let them free range but the giant cross i had loved the freedoom, you have to watch carfully what they nibble, the cross i had nibbled at pretty much everything but, after a while didnt touch certain plants,and as he was huge i figured a small amount would not hurt him, i would not reckonmend this to others spesh if you have small buns, i think there is a list somewhere of what is safe for buns to nibble and what not. best to write down what you have in your garden, and look up. if you are going to be out supervising, you should be ok, just check everything gaps between your house and next door garage if you have one,if you have gates for you drive etc cover with chicken wire,check your pots too mine like climbing in to nibble my herbs :roll:

dunno what it is with clematis mine love to try and grab a nibble :roll:but it is on the poisonous list if you have veg runner beans tomatoe and potato leaves are a no no as well

Garden

they don't really know what is good and what is bad for them......unfortunately they are not that smart. My rabbit ate a flower that was bad for him but he ate only a little bit and is okay. You should watch your baby VERY carefully.....i mean VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY carefully.

Back