• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbits and dogs?

vicky206

Mama Doe
we have 2 border collies who used to be scared of the bun its been over a year now and the younger border is 100% happy and contents around him but our other border older (about 16) is so nervous around him.

it does not cause any problems as we just put the dog in another room (although this does seem a tad unfair on her as she was there first!)

i just wondered how everyone elses dogs get on with the buns.:wave:

My dog's a border collie and he loves the buns and even rounds them up when they're free range, are your buns house buns?

My dog loves my bunny, they even fall asleep together :D They're never left alone but they get on great. My dog loves cleaning up after Basil, infact we think she might think he's a little treaty machine :oops::lol:

awwwww how cute falling asleep together!:love:

i am wondering if it is to do with having 1 or 2 dogs?

she cant deal with little children either she get super nervous the same as with the bun?

Ahhh right, yeah i wouldn't lock your dog's in a room as it's unfair on him/her.
OOh i don't have any advice for you, but i love border collies :love:
Good luck :thumb:

Ahhh right, yeah i wouldn't lock your dog's in a room as it's unfair on him/her.
OOh i don't have any advice for you, but i love border collies :love:
Good luck :thumb:

not locked in!:shock:i would never do that! she just chills in the other room with other people!:)

emmaspartypictures039.jpg

This is my dog and bridge bunny Sooty. He's been around rabbits since he was a puppy and he is really good. I don't ever put them on the floor together because he is too playful. I involve him with doing Honey's trays, etc. so he doesn't get jealous.

I am trying to introduce Stumpy to our lab archie who is very calm but sometimes he wants to chase Stumpy which is awful so I watch them together at all times and praise Archie for being gentle

emmaspartypictures039.jpg

This is my dog and bridge bunny Sooty. He's been around rabbits since he was a puppy and he is really good. I don't ever put them on the floor together because he is too playful. I involve him with doing Honey's trays, etc. so he doesn't get jealous.

:love::love::love:wow! What a stunning pic so wonderful! yeah i have also tried involving the other dog so that she gets used to the bun i just dont think it is meant to be with them though so i am going to let bygons be bygons!

I am trying to introduce Stumpy to our lab archie who is very calm but sometimes he wants to chase Stumpy which is awful so I watch them together at all times and praise Archie for being gentle

hi jackie, i have tried praise too i just dont think its meant to be!

Back