• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do we all do it?

jenzel5

Mama Doe
Well I know that people on here share the same 'dilemma' as me. I just want more bunnies!!!!! If I could I would have so many. They just make me so happy. Pretty sad I know. I am feeling so down because I want more and I torture myself by looking at ones that need rehoming and I fall totally in love with some. Why do I do it!!!!!

I know! I'd do anything to get another bunny. Because I love them so much! And i'd like Boris to have a mate :)

I refuse to look at RR. Even if people put the links in their posts. I just can't do it... :oops::lol: Last time I ended up breaking and getting Dennis! :love:

I try not to look too. Since I fostered Daisy I have been like, I want some more bunnies. I don't look all the time or I would go mad but I looked today and have seen some of my faves that have been there a long time and I just want to get them and give them lots of cuddles. Everyone thinks I am mad sometimes, wonder why:roll::roll::lol:

I don't look as I know that I can't have any more. If they were all ill at the same time, I could just about afford the vet bills, but any more and I'd be struggling.
It sounds awful, but I've done my bit, so I don't make myself feel guilty by looing at all of the bunnies who do need homes, as I can't change my situation here.

I think fostering is a good thing for me. I find my own 15 buns easy as anything to care for - I have a bonded 9 & 3 pairs that are all "low maintenance" - no dental probs, illnesses & cleaning one room full of 9 isn't much harder than cleaning one caged bun out. I sometimes think I could easily take on another pair or bond another into my big group. But I'm currently fostering 3 single dental nethies, 2 single buns for BARC & 4 buns here for bonding, & I've hurt my back & am feeling the strain a little bit. Although, thinking about it that way - I am 9 buns up:lol:

It amazes me when people say they have a group of 6-15. I want a big group of bunnies. I tried to bond my foster with my 2 but Hayden and Dudley started to fight over her so I gave it a miss. I don't think they would accept another bun. I would love a group of 8. It can be hard work with 2 sometimes but worth it. When I get a house with a big garden my oh says I can have all the bunnies I want if they go outside. Can't wait for that!!! Bet it will never happen though:(

i know how you feel i thought i could be strong my first foster bun went (simon) and i miss him loads as he was so funny doing his binkys round the whole garden without haveing to be in a run, i loved giveing him that freedom, id love to let the binky boys out free range too i know humbug will try to escape :lol: he always planning, toffee i think would be alright he just sits and give me the "allllllllll right pick me up then i know i have to go back *sigh*" he only too keen in the morning to go in the run, i hate looking at the rehoming posts spesh after looking at tia and mia i would love bigs to be their husbun still working on my fella for those two :roll: i would love to have loads, but them if i took loads more i would run out of space for fostering, and i still want to help as much as i can, although my fella has insisted we keep linus they talk to each other well fella talk linus washes )so he got a major soft spot for him

Yeah, I feel the same way...I soooo want an new bun, but I can't really have any more at the moment. :(

I have 10 hutches/pens to clean out...which is a bit of a mammoth task especially if I have to work late.

I have 2 high maintenance dental buns, one bun with chronically runny eyes, and a couple of elderly buns who need a bit of extra tlc.

I don't want any more, 147 is quite enough:roll: But somehow I know will probably end up taking more in:? (But not until some have left, 120 is a much more realistic number:lol:)

I don't want any more, 147 is quite enough:roll: But somehow I know will probably end up taking more in:? (But not until some have left, 120 is a much more realistic number:lol:)

Can I come visit?:lol: I would love to know what it would be like to have 147 around you. Although I wouldn't want to know all the time:lol:

omg :shock::shock::shock:how do you pay for it all, what do you do with vet fees etc, blimey you put my 2 to shame, now this either gives me hope to get more, or just faint, where the hell do you put them all so many questions must not ask :D:shock:

:shock::shock::shock: Surely you are joking? WOW! I'd love to see a piccy of how you keep them. Must take all day to clean out and see to! Take it they are not house buns?!! LOL

i am guessing you mean you are a rescue which is why you have so many in. one can only hope you have a tolerant hubby!!!!! and some good volenteers! and lots of space of coursE!!!

Back