PDA

View Full Version : How do we all do it?

jenzel5
06-07-2008, 11:50 AM
Well I know that people on here share the same 'dilemma' as me. I just want more bunnies!!!!! If I could I would have so many. They just make me so happy. Pretty sad I know. I am feeling so down because I want more and I torture myself by looking at ones that need rehoming and I fall totally in love with some. Why do I do it!!!!!

Oompa-Loompa
06-07-2008, 11:51 AM
I know! I'd do anything to get another bunny. Because I love them so much! And i'd like Boris to have a mate :)

Lea-Anne
06-07-2008, 11:58 AM
I refuse to look at RR. Even if people put the links in their posts. I just can't do it... :oops::lol: Last time I ended up breaking and getting Dennis! :love:

hurricanhoney
06-07-2008, 12:00 PM
I really try not to look as there are so many that deserve new homes.

jenzel5
06-07-2008, 12:03 PM
I try not to look too. Since I fostered Daisy I have been like, I want some more bunnies. I don't look all the time or I would go mad but I looked today and have seen some of my faves that have been there a long time and I just want to get them and give them lots of cuddles. Everyone thinks I am mad sometimes, wonder why:roll::roll::lol:

HS
06-07-2008, 12:11 PM
I don't look as I know that I can't have any more. If they were all ill at the same time, I could just about afford the vet bills, but any more and I'd be struggling.
It sounds awful, but I've done my bit, so I don't make myself feel guilty by looing at all of the bunnies who do need homes, as I can't change my situation here.

Angie65
06-07-2008, 12:17 PM
I think fostering is a good thing for me. I find my own 15 buns easy as anything to care for - I have a bonded 9 & 3 pairs that are all "low maintenance" - no dental probs, illnesses & cleaning one room full of 9 isn't much harder than cleaning one caged bun out. I sometimes think I could easily take on another pair or bond another into my big group. But I'm currently fostering 3 single dental nethies, 2 single buns for BARC & 4 buns here for bonding, & I've hurt my back & am feeling the strain a little bit. Although, thinking about it that way - I am 9 buns up:lol:

donnamt
06-07-2008, 12:21 PM
i dont look. i know i cant have more than two so i dont look to see whats available :(

Jazzy B Bunny
06-07-2008, 12:46 PM
3 is enough for me I think if I had more I wouldnt be able to cope with the vets bills :( I still look though.

jenzel5
06-07-2008, 12:50 PM
It amazes me when people say they have a group of 6-15. I want a big group of bunnies. I tried to bond my foster with my 2 but Hayden and Dudley started to fight over her so I gave it a miss. I don't think they would accept another bun. I would love a group of 8. It can be hard work with 2 sometimes but worth it. When I get a house with a big garden my oh says I can have all the bunnies I want if they go outside. Can't wait for that!!! Bet it will never happen though:(

areia
06-07-2008, 12:53 PM
i know how you feel i thought i could be strong my first foster bun went (simon) and i miss him loads as he was so funny doing his binkys round the whole garden without haveing to be in a run, i loved giveing him that freedom, id love to let the binky boys out free range too i know humbug will try to escape :lol: he always planning, toffee i think would be alright he just sits and give me the "allllllllll right pick me up then i know i have to go back *sigh*" he only too keen in the morning to go in the run, i hate looking at the rehoming posts spesh after looking at tia and mia i would love bigs to be their husbun still working on my fella for those two :roll: i would love to have loads, but them if i took loads more i would run out of space for fostering, and i still want to help as much as i can, although my fella has insisted we keep linus they talk to each other well fella talk linus washes )so he got a major soft spot for him

abbymarysmokey
06-07-2008, 12:56 PM
Yeah, I feel the same way...I soooo want an new bun, but I can't really have any more at the moment. :(

I have 10 hutches/pens to clean out...which is a bit of a mammoth task especially if I have to work late.

I have 2 high maintenance dental buns, one bun with chronically runny eyes, and a couple of elderly buns who need a bit of extra tlc.

doorkeeper
06-07-2008, 12:58 PM
I don't want any more, 147 is quite enough:roll: But somehow I know will probably end up taking more in:? (But not until some have left, 120 is a much more realistic number:lol:)

jenzel5
06-07-2008, 12:59 PM
I don't want any more, 147 is quite enough:roll: But somehow I know will probably end up taking more in:? (But not until some have left, 120 is a much more realistic number:lol:)

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

abbymarysmokey
06-07-2008, 01:00 PM

OMG Louise...how do you cope? How do you find time to clean them all out? :shock:

jenzel5
06-07-2008, 01:02 PM

Can I come visit?:lol: I would love to know what it would be like to have 147 around you. Although I wouldn't want to know all the time:lol:

areia
06-07-2008, 01:07 PM

omg :shock::shock::shock:how do you pay for it all, what do you do with vet fees etc, blimey you put my 2 to shame, now this either gives me hope to get more, or just faint, where the hell do you put them all so many questions must not ask :D:shock:

Cornishlass
06-07-2008, 02:31 PM
:shock::shock::shock: Surely you are joking? WOW! I'd love to see a piccy of how you keep them. Must take all day to clean out and see to! Take it they are not house buns?!! LOL

bunlover
06-07-2008, 02:49 PM
i am guessing you mean you are a rescue which is why you have so many in. one can only hope you have a tolerant hubby!!!!! and some good volenteers! and lots of space of coursE!!!

BB Mommy
06-07-2008, 05:11 PM
OMG Louise...how do you cope? How do you find time to clean them all out? :shock:

She just doesn't sleep:lol::lol::lol:

donnamt
06-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Can I come visit?:lol: I would love to know what it would be like to have 147 around you. Although I wouldn't want to know all the time:lol:

its like a dream land... hard to come home without some of them under your jumper :oops:

doorkeeper
09-07-2008, 02:47 PM
We are open every Saturday between 1 and 3pm, no need to call just pop in whether you are interested in rehoming or are just interested. I can guarantee you have never seen so many rabbits in one place before. We have 147 at the moment:roll: We also have examples of all sorts of housing, lots of free leaflets and we are always willing to give advice or health checks or clip claws, sort out a mucky bum or groom a scruffy rabbit. Same goes for guinea pigs.

How do I cope? Well I don't have a hubby to placate, that helps:lol:

BirdieBun
09-07-2008, 02:57 PM
I was like that once but now I would never have this many bunnies again I think a pair would be plenty for me :)