• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bungle is poorly.....U/D he's much better :o)

Julia123

Warren Veteran
Hi, my conti Bungle is not well :cry::cry: went out to feed them this morning and found squidgey poo EVERYWHERE! The bit in the covered run looked worse as the rain drives in, the bits in the closed in kennel were cow patish. I know yesterday he helped himself to some of the babies excell Jn & dwarf when I was cleaning them out so am hoping thats what it is.

I let him out for a run around the wet grass to clean him up a little then put him back in the kennel & run once I'd cleaned it and covered the whole floor with hay. I've managed to get him to eat some blackberry leaves and he's looking a little more alert, he wants lots of cuddles though poor mite :cry:

Nushka his wife is absolutely fine.

Anything more I should do? I'll be in all day to keep an eye on him.

Thanks

Edit, I've got metaclop, recovery & baytril but can't see any of these helping.... so not giving any

Last edited:
Hi, my conti Bungle is not well :cry::cry: went out to feed them this morning and found squidgey poo EVERYWHERE! The bit in the covered run looked worse as the rain drives in, the bits in the closed in kennel were cow patish. I know yesterday he helped himself to some of the babies excell Jn & dwarf when I was cleaning them out so am hoping thats what it is.

I let him out for a run around the wet grass to clean him up a little then put him back in the kennel & run once I'd cleaned it and covered the whole floor with hay. I've managed to get him to eat some blackberry leaves and he's looking a little more alert, he wants lots of cuddles though poor mite :cry:

Nushka his wife is absolutely fine.

Anything more I should do? I'll be in all day to keep an eye on him.

Thanks

Edit, I've got metaclop, recovery & baytril but can't see any of these helping.... so not giving any

I'd just keep him on hay and water for 24-48 hours. A few more Blackberry leaves would be good too. If you have a probiotic ( Bio-Lapis/Fibreplex/Avipro ) then I'd give him some of that.

Silly piggy boy Bungle !!

I'd just keep him on hay and water for 24-48 hours. A few more Blackberry leaves would be good too. If you have a probiotic ( Bio-Lapis/Fibreplex/Avipro ) then I'd give him some of that.

Silly piggy boy Bungle !!

Thanks Jane, he's very quiet I'll put some bio lapis in their water - presume will do Nushka no harm. I'm so worried about him he;s usually so bouncy :cry:

Thanks Jane, he's very quiet I'll put some bio lapis in their water - presume will do Nushka no harm. I'm so worried about him he;s usually so bouncy :cry:

Bio-Lapis wont harm Nushka
Has Bungle done any normal poops. The cowpat ones sound like unformed caectrophs.

Try to encourage him to eat hay, long fibre is what will help him most, aswell as water. Get him to hop about a bit more to keep things moving in his tum

Janex

Bio-Lapis wont harm Nushka
Has Bungle done any normal poops. The cowpat ones sound like unformed caectrophs.

Try to encourage him to eat hay, long fibre is what will help him most, aswell as water. Get him to hop about a bit more to keep things moving in his tum

Janex

No, he's now sitting in the kennel bit being very quiet, i've covered him in hay to keep him warm.

Think I need to bring him in, but my only spare indoor crate has Izzles in and her owners haven't bothered to come and collect her :cry::cry::cry: Don't want Izzles to go back home if they don't want her but need the space.... will call them in a bit...my poor boy :cry::cry::cry:

PS he doesn't want to eat anything now

Can you have a feel of his tum to see if there are any hard poos in there and if you can feel any gassy bubbles?
Have a listen for gut sounds too

Janex

Thanks guys, I've just been sitting in the run with him on my lap giving him some cuddles, he's now having a snooze - looks quiet but then again so is Nush. He has had a little drink of water (not put the BL in yet though will do it in a min)

The soggy poos were def not ceacotrophs, I can't hear gut sounds and don't know how to feel his tummy. I'm going to let him rest for a while and keep an eye. I'll syringe him some mixed up BL later. I think he needs some quiet for now.

Aww Julia, I'm sorry to hear big beautiful Bungle is not feeling well :(

Come on for your mummy Bungle, get better boy. Sending lots of vibes xxx

Tummy rubs are good if there is gas or possibly a small blockage. I sit with mine on my lap facing away from me and using one hand i gently massage thier tummy.. you can sometimes feel gas bubbles popping and gurgling about. Hope you can encourage him to eat something real soon
What does he usually eat? If its pellet food you could put a small amount in a glass with cooled boiled water and wait for them to absorb the water so its mushy enough to syringe feed him some ;)

I've syringe fed 3ml of recovery and 2ml of bio lapis in water, he's now started to eat hay and a few ss pellets - fingers crossed....

oh dear....I hope your big boy is feeling better. I have tonnes of strawberry leaves you could have

Back