• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

"Males are calmer." - Uhm. Are they..?

Oompa-Loompa

Warren Veteran
Well the owner of the petshop where I usually go to get the rabbit goodies told me males generally are a lot calmer than females. :? Is this true? Are there any major differences at all?

I have found most males to be calmer than females. I always say a female rabbit is a typical female:roll:.

But females still like cuddles and such? Because if I do manage to persuade mum about getting Boris a wife I'd like to know what females are like hehe ;)

I think it depends on the bunny and whether they are neutered or not. My bridge bunny, Patch, was the grumpiest thing until she was spayed, and then she turned into the softest, cuddliest bunny!
Squidgy, our male housebun, is neutered and he's still a bit of a grump!!

pearl never sits still.. shes a crazy digger too.. im sure shes got some hormones left in her :lol::lol:

alvin on the other hand is so laid back most times i think hes dead :oops:

based on my wide experience of two bunnies :lol::lol::lol: id say yup boys are deffo more calm.

I'd say it depends on the rabbit really. Both mine are neutered and I'd say that Inky (male) is much more highly strung then Smokey. He is more inquisitive and friendly but can be very grumpy when upset. Smokey (female) is more reserved and tends to be calmer about things.

does depend on the bun, but to my expeirence male buns are more laid back i assume it goes to the breeding as well, my told me somthing about guiena pigs and the nippy gene was caused by cross breeding, female buns i found have there moods just as much as us ladies do, :lol::lol: when i used to get buns id pick the male and normaly the runt as well but then the parents were good (never got from a pet shop )so ive had laid back boys i havent been bitten only nipped when they got to amorous as it were, they can get a bit rough when Horny :lol: getting them spayed or neutered does seem to help most buns

I have found most males to be calmer than females. I always say a female rabbit is a typical female:roll:.

I would agree with that!

Sophie is a stroppy madam but will love attention and fuss when she wants to!

Rudy however was my little snuggle bug and much more loving, bless him :(

Well the owner of the petshop where I usually go to get the rabbit goodies told me males generally are a lot calmer than females. :? Is this true? Are there any major differences at all?

Across the board of animals (including the human species lol) the male tends to be better natured and calmer. Obviously not true in all cases, but in most it is IMO anyway :)

erm...

My doe angel is alot calmer, laid back then Winnie (buck) Winnie is always up to something that he shouldn't be a typical boy! Angel takes life at her pace she is much happier having a tummy tickle and cuddle where as Winnie is happier playing footy (with a rattle) or throwing a tantrum because he can't play out. Although he too enjoys having a nosey tickle. Follow there adventures in their diary www.hoppybunnyrabbit.com
I think/believe it is entirely down to the bun itself everyone has there own charcter which you will love no matter what they are like.
My boy was very cuddly before we got angel he had to come everywhere with me then we had him dun and got angel and he did change he kinda relises he is a bunny now and thats his friend he doesn't rely on me as much anymore which is sad but good to.
xxx

heyy I am a female and im not typical!?!?!?!?!

Ummm.....females noramally get territorial and males are more careless...about territory!:)

Gumpy is the hormonal one even though hes been neutered he still humps and hes been neutered for a few months now. is this wrong? myxi is so adorable but it could be because shes a lot smaller and younger

I don't kno whether jack is more calmer. He doesn't like being picked up and will struggle but when hes having a cuddle he'll get bored and hop off to cause mischieve. I really hope I get Jack a Girlfriend so I get the best of both worlds. :lol:

My two boys are not really calm. Snoopy can be quite grumpy when he's hungry, and Cloud behaves as if he had drunk Sally's amount of Pepsi Max. :lol: He's a hyperactive little thing, but friendly.

Back