• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

18wk old female french lop bleeding

kayj

Wise Old Thumper
from vagina any ideas, my friend as rushed her to the vets. doesn't seem to be in to much pain.

Sorry to hear this kay.

Sending vibes for the little one I dont have any advice I hope someone will be along soon :)

I don't know the specifics as to where these bunnies came from?

Any chance that she may have been pregnant?

Only other reasons I can think of that would cause bleeding would be a womb infection or perhaps a UTI.

I'm sure Jane or anybody else with more experience will be along soon to offer some thoughts....

I hope its nothing serious.

Could be a pyometra, hopefully not, plus she is very young for that.
Could she be pregnant?
Torn herself on something?

Healing vibes ~*~*~

An aborting pregnancy is a possibility. Unless she's been spayed already
Injury to the area from fighting if there is a bite wound
If the blood is in the urine then an acute UTI maybe ?
Or a renal infarct as a result of EC ?

Would have thought that the Bun wouldbe ill within herself with the last 2 :?

Hope he Vets can get her sorted

Janex

Karen has just phoned me, it isn't our vet that is on but it is a vet that knows me and Kearen as told them that she wants her treated in the way that I would do and no humming and arrring just do whatever (I bet that vet loves me:roll:).

Karen as just phoned, they are having trouble examining her as she is acting really skitty (she isn't normally like that) so they are trying to calm her down and then will examine and xray and then treat accordingly.

Karen as just phoned, they are having trouble examining her as she is acting really skitty (she isn't normally like that) so they are trying to calm her down and then will examine and xray and then treat accordingly.

Poor Bun :cry:
Please keep us posted Kay

Janex

just had another update, she has stopped bleeding:) just hope it carries on that way. Karen said she had bled alot. but their were no clots.
Will let you all know some more later. If Karen doesn't get a more detailed update later then I will phone myself and see what is going on

just had another update, she has stopped bleeding:) just hope it carries on that way. Karen said she had bled alot. but their were no clots.
Will let you all know some more later. If Karen doesn't get a more detailed update later then I will phone myself and see what is going on

Thanks for the update Kay. Its good news that the bleeding has stopped.

Janex :)

Well it is good news but wierd as they can't find anything at all wrong with her. I even told the vets to check my records as I had a bun that started bleeding and it turned out to be a burst blood vessel, it turns out that one was pigmented blood and this isn't. Karten is going to go and pick her up and bring her home as they would only be monitoring herovernight so Karen can do that. She i9s eating and drinking and xmoving around like nothing has happened.

how strange ... :?

only had two cases of buns bleeding like that and neither that young ..

one was having a miscarriage and the other had uterine cancer :?

my vet is in tomorrow, so I think Karen will give her a call as it is strange and we want to know why.

Glad she's OK :)
Has she been spayed :?
If not I'd ask your Vet to do an abdominal ultrasound as she may have had a missed abortion and retained dead kits.

Janex

Back