• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bad design

milly100

Alpha Buck
We received our new hutch/run combo yesterday. Its great apart from 1 bad design fault. The hutch sits above the run and has a ramp leading down to the run which is great, apart from the fact that the ramp is permanetly attached (it cant be closed off) and that the hole in the floor for the ramp is in the bedroom area!! so it means the bedroom area has a permanant hole in the floor!!! this has really annoyed me as its so stupid. Has anyone any ideas what i can do to get round this problem??? I cant move the ramp as the floor is in 2 halves and if i move it it wont sit in the ridges. Any help will be great. Thankyou :D

Did you build it or did it come that way? Usually the hole for the ramp is in the living area.

You could take the divider out and just provide a sleeping box for the bed.

I think I know what you mean. You would probably have to replace the floor in the bedroom and then cut a hole in the living area floor to attach the ramp there.

Pics would be good:)

I did think of that but on taking a better look it has a middle support that runs from the roof to the floor and the section of the floor with the hole in rests on that support.

Back