• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rain blowing in hutch

milly100

Alpha Buck
Hi, We have just put our new hutch/run into place on our patio but Im a bit concerned as some rain seems to have blown in the front wire door, not much but there is some lying in the hutch. Im now considering putting some sort of covering over it on rainy days. Does anyone else have this problem.

I bought a bench cover from Poundland ! Its slips over the top of the hutch and is perfect. Some people use tarapaulins and see through shower curtains too :D I use corrugated plastic sheeting for my runs. Hope this helps a little :)

Hi, We have just put our new hutch/run into place on our patio but Im a bit concerned as some rain seems to have blown in the front wire door, not much but there is some lying in the hutch. Im now considering putting some sort of covering over it on rainy days. Does anyone else have this problem.

Yep, I cover it up with perspex on very rainy days. You can buy sheets from places like wickes, I put hooks on the hutch and holes in the perspex and then hang it down from the hooks over the front of the hutch. It's horrible weather at the moment isn't it :(

Thats great thanks for the suggestions. I will def look into getting something. I would hate to think my bunnies were getting wet. Mind you they dont seem to mind!!!

Hi, we've just made some covers for the front. We bought a big clear sheet of tarpaulin for about a fiver, and some heavy duty self-adhesive velcro. Cut the tarpaulin to the size of your hutch, stick one side of the velcro to the corners of tarpaulin and the other side to the corners of the hutch. Works really well, quick to put on and off and cheap! Only thing is it keeps chucking down with rain when I'm not at home to put covers on!

Back