• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch

Marreline

Warren Scout
Hi there,

Would be gratefulfor hutch advice. Looking at a Happy Hutch that is hutch and run combo - hutch sits on top with ladder into run below. Hutch is 4ft x 18" x 18" and run is 4ft x 6ft.

So onto my question... does this sound big enough for 2 dwarf bunnies? Could extend the run as have room in my garden but obviously hutch will need to remain as it is.

Thanks xx

I'd definitely say go for a 6 foot hutch, rather than a 4 foot one - this really is too small for two bunnies :(. And 2 foot deep and tall if possible, rather than 18".

Hiya :wave:

Would generally go for something bigger for two dwarf buns, they can grow quite big (my last bun did) but they do tend to stay in their run even when raining so would recommend extending your hutch with a run attached for sure, so definately a good idea on your part.

My last hutch was 5ft x 1.5 foot but had a hole in the middle for the ladder to the run - it was really only big enough for my 1 dwarf and wouldn't be enough (substantial) room for a second especially when feeding.

Basically, the bigger the better but also look at quality, I know alot of ppl on here recommend HappyHutch :)

I have this 6 foot one from Happy Hutch Company

EMhouse1.jpg

One dwarf lop and a medium sized bun live quite happily in there.

Rabswood

Hiya:wave:

I wouldn't go for that size to be honest. The minimum I'd go for would be a 6x2x2 or at a push a 5x2x2 double storey for a small to medium sized pair of buns. I have two nethies and both have quite big accommodation despite their small stature. My little nethie girl that lives with my mini lop Edison has accommodation of 6x2x2 on a permanently available 6x6 run, plus access to a very large supervised run on the grass.

I really would go for the biggest you can afford and fit into your garden.

:D Helen

Back