PDA

View Full Version : stroke in rabbits

maxxev
05-07-2008, 05:15 PM
does anyone have any experiance of strokes in young rabbits?
possibal cause?
average recovery time?
i know some strains of lionheads are prone to epilepsy is this true for netherlands? are they more prone to neurological problems in general?

Jack's-Jane
05-07-2008, 06:55 PM
does anyone have any experiance of strokes in young rabbits?
possibal cause?
average recovery time?
i know some strains of lionheads are prone to epilepsy is this true for netherlands? are they more prone to neurological problems in general?

I have had 2 Buns who have had CVAs. I dont think there is a specific breed tendancy towards them unlike the Lionhead Seizure issue.
How did you Buns CVA present ?

Janex

maxxev
06-07-2008, 05:50 AM
have pm'd you:wave:

Jack's-Jane
06-07-2008, 06:47 AM
Have replied :wave:

Janex :D

Snowy
06-07-2008, 07:57 AM
Please share, this is interesting and hopefully informative

Maizey
06-07-2008, 08:05 AM
I have only experienced a stroke in my old bunny Joe Joe.He was ten and a half.When I came down one morning he was completely paralised down one side. I was so upset I got my OH Andy to take him to the vet.The vet said nothing could be done for him so he was PTS.

Jack's-Jane
06-07-2008, 08:25 AM
Please share, this is interesting and hopefully informative

I think maxxev wants to keep it private for now

Janex :)

maxxev
06-07-2008, 12:38 PM
i may be taking on a young rabbit who suffered a stroke at the age of 9 wks. i was just after some information on possibal causes (and the chances of a reoccurance) as well as how best to care for him befor i and my partner agree to take him on.

bunny babe
06-07-2008, 06:48 PM
Well done for researching. It is best to understand if they have special needs and if you would be able to cope. Good luck if you feel that it is right.