• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Headtilt / Wryneck Rabbits: Request for experiences and pictures (July 2008)

madaboutbuns

Young Bun
Hi everyone - a friend from UKCR has asked that I post this to you all to see if any of you can help.

Christine

Dear all,

I am creating an online guide for owners of headtilt rabbits, and I need your help.

Those who have seen their beloved rabbit go through headtilt know how distressing an illness it is, for animal and owner. It is a complex condition and there is little concrete knowledge available on how to treat and care for your tilted rabbit – something I discovered the hard way.

I would like to bridge these gaps in knowledge, help other owners and their vets understand more about headtilt, successfully treat more rabbits, and in turn reduce the suffering of our furry friends and hopefully save more lives.

In order to do this, I would like to draw on as many experiences as possible – covering successful and not so successful cases. I will be covering my own experience in detail, but I feel it is essential to look at the bigger picture.

This is where you come in...

I would be *very* grateful if you could spare a moment to jot down anything you can recollect from your experience with your headtilt rabbit(s). It can be as brief or as detailed as you like. My plan is to compile the results and discuss them on the website I am currently building.

Here's a list of example topics, but please remember there are no limits.
All information is welcome.

* A history/synopsis of your rabbit's illness
* Severity of the tilt
* Recovery/treatment timeframe
* Success/failure of medicines (orthodox and natural)
* Whether your rabbit survived
* Possible diagnosis (for the cause of the headtilt)
* Symptoms (the more detail the better)
* Spinning/rolling (What did you do to help your rabbit? How did you cope?)
* How you got on with your vet (did he/she understand how to treat your
rabbit?)
* How you administered medicines/treatments
* Quality of life issues
* How did you adapt his/her environment? (indoor and/or outdoor)
* How you made your rabbit comfortable/happier/safer
* Eating/drinking issues
* Trips to the vets (travelling with your headtilt rabbit)
* Keeping a bond or separating bonded rabbits
* How often he/she pooped...!
* Photos! (There are a limited number available, therefore please send me your pics)

I would like to spread the net as far and wide as possible, so if you know somebody, or another internet group, that may be able to help in any way then please do forward this request. This will be an international guide, so there are no restrictions.

Please send your headtilt thoughts, writings and pictures to me, Katy Hill,
at:

kheditorial@googlemail.com

I look forward to hearing from you!

~ On The Wonk ~
(c) Katy Hill Editorial Services (UK)
www.OnTheWonk.com <http://www.onthewonk.com/>
(Website is currently under construction, but will be up and running soon!)

I've PM'd you, and here's a photo I promised:D
2008_0508Image0009.jpg

Back