• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So many sad ads

Bavarian Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Don't worry, I am not going to put up any links. Just need a bit of a rant. I was looking at some ads and found quite a few that were selling rabbits. One person sold a lovely giant bunny with a small hutch, another guy wanted to swap his "grumpy bunny who builds a nest every few days and lunges at you" for a PS3 and some game. And a person not far from me is selling baby bunnies, and two of them had prts of their ears eatn by their own dad. Not sure if that person is a breeder or if it was an accidental litter. But what are the chances that these two little babies find a good home? Most people won't consider bunnies with parts of their ears missing. Especially when they have to pay for them. They are only 5 Pounds each, but what if no one wants to buy them? Will they get used for training dogs?
I know it's impossible to help every single bunny, but it just makes me so sad to see these animals being sold to anyone who wants them. :(

Don't worry, I am not going to put up any links. Just need a bit of a rant. I was looking at some ads and found quite a few that were selling rabbits. One person sold a lovely giant bunny with a small hutch, another guy wanted to swap his "grumpy bunny who builds a nest every few days and lunges at you" for a PS3 and some game. And a person not far from me is selling baby bunnies, and two of them had prts of their ears eatn by their own dad. Not sure if that person is a breeder or if it was an accidental litter. But what are the chances that these two little babies find a good home? Most people won't consider bunnies with parts of their ears missing. Especially when they have to pay for them. They are only 5 Pounds each, but what if no one wants to buy them? Will they get used for training dogs?
I know it's impossible to help every single bunny, but it just makes me so sad to see these animals being sold to anyone who wants them. :(

I saw the ad about missing ears, i loved the black bunny and for the sake no one else would prob give a home, i was going to buy her, but as i dont drive and the woman "couldnt deliver" It was a no go :(

I try as hard as I can not to look at the Freeads etc nowadays. I know its a bit 'head-in-sand' but I am not able to help and it is just so depressing to read the endless pages :cry: Last time I did look on Freeads there were 937 Rabbits For Sale ads. And of course many of the individual adds were for litters of Baby Buns. So thats 937 x goodness knows how many :cry:

I made the mistake of going into a branch of a large Petshop Chain last week. The adoption centre Buns............:cry: :cry: The staff didnt even know what sex the Buns were of if either were neutered.

:cry:

Janex

i was talking to a woman at my son school who said her buns havein "another " unplanned litter, i asked what she was goingto do with them she said nomaly she gives them away but the last lot she found out went to someone with snakes who fed them to it, i was horrified, so she said she was selling them this time, all i could do is to persuede her to have her bun neutered, to stop it, and to make sure they went to good homes was frustrating

I had the same thing with my aunt's parents, when I was a child/teenager. They had an unneutered cat who had several litters every year, and if they managed to find the kittens, they put them in a bag and chucked them in the river. :evil: Because I was a child, and they were part of the "family", I was not allowed to interfere and complain. It was very frustrating. :cry:

omg thats terriable, i feel for you on that one my aunt had a small holding she rescued a grey hound from the roadside and a greatdane puppy found in a black sack on the side of the road and also spotted omeone throwing a bag into the local dyke which had kittens in it she kept them all bless her

Oh no thats awful, i wish i had moved house by now i would have taken the 2 babies with missing ears as they could end up anywhere :cry::cry:

Aw I know,I've come across way too many of those ads. People selling rabbits because of "lack of time",I'd think it's got more to do with lack of interest in most of those cases.
I wish people could just think twice before getting a rabbit,or any other pet for that matter.

Yeah, there's even an ad from someone just across the river. She says she can't give the bunny enough attention, because she has a dog now. :( Why does she get a dog at all then? I have two children and still enough time to look after 6 bunnies.

It is soul destroying to see these ads, :cry:it does make you realise the size of the tide those who are trying to make a difference are up against. I can't bring myself to look at the ads anymore and although I know it is going on and there are hundreds out there, it just makes me feel too bad when I know I can't help them all. Makes the 12 I have given a permanent home to, seem like an insignificant drop in the ocean. I just hope those earless buns find good homes. It was one reason I got Flynn. He was all alone and had had his ear chewed; dread to think what may have happened to him because he wasn't 'perfect'. He is in my eyes.

oooh katie7 are you going to adopt them??

I got Jigsaw from looking at the free-ads for a shed and seeing his sad little face. Well worth it but is heartbreaking seeing all the others.:cry:

:cry::cry: Its so sad, I must admit I too try to keep away from the free ads. Its just to to depressing. I want to help them all but cant so I'm afraid I am head in sand about it :cry::cry:

AAAAAAAAAAAAarrrrrrrrrgh some people so disgust me with what they do to animals.I want to take them all too but obviously can't, we can only do what we can.Doesn't make us,who care feel any better though does it cos we always wonder what happens to the wee ones.It really breaks my heart.Surprised i've got any left to break.Where are these getting advertised is it on freecycle, newspapers or am i better not knowing?!:cry:

There is an add I've just looked at on a ''Freeadd'' site. The person wants to swap their 4 guinea pigs for 2 rabbits :shock:

sadly its the same with all the animals needing a good home i want to help them all i try to not look as it makes me cry sometimes cuz i cant help i am terrible for a sad story or an animal in distress etc tom (my oh ) keeps saying you musnt look if you take on more you cant care so well for those you have and he is right...even my vets even have a stray bun who came in hes now neutered and vaccs and they want is 45pounds towards his neuter adn vaccs and a good home.... snowy and dora liked him but he was a french lop and i dont have room to have him permanantly even if he did bond with snowy and dora...he was gorgeous tho! but it wasnt so hard to say no as i know he is being well looked after and will get a good home its the ones that have problems or dire living conditions that get me i only hope that they get rehomed to nice people who feel the same i really try not to look now :(

Hopefully something can be sorted out for them ;)

aw katie not you too, i got one here im suppost to foster but hes staying linus melted my other half heart :roll: fostering is sooo hard as some of the time they have such a hard time you just want to scoop them up and give them a big hug :(

aw katie not you too, i got one here im suppost to foster but hes staying linus melted my other half heart :roll: fostering is sooo hard as some of the time they have such a hard time you just want to scoop them up and give them a big hug :(

I have already kept a couple of fosters from ARC :oops:

Back