• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This week in Twickenham I am bonding

janice

Wise Old Thumper
This week in Twickenham I am bonding two sets of rabbits

Pair number 1 is a pair of lionhead buns. Who I think are both quite young. They seem to have settled and any agression we had last night appears to have gone. There is still a lot of thumping but this is diminshing over time.

Pair number 2 is I think a 3 years old chinchilla female who is gorgeous who is being paired up with a tiny little boy. Last night they had a couple of scaps caused by the 'lady' however by lunch time today they seem to have settled more. They are currently out grazing on the grass in a confinded area to try and promote harmony together. I have my instructions on who to try next if this does not work .... about 3 this morning I was questioning if I was going to have to pop and get Percy ... however it does look like he will be remaining in Whitton ....

CIMG0311.jpg

This is pair number 2

Oooh well I am wanting to tempt fate but I haven't stopped thinking about this wee man. David is worried about big old boofer Fudge hurting this little boy. I just hope that Fudge gets over her initial emotions and realises that she needs a husbun.

Whilst Percy would make a wonderful addition to our bunny family, I am glad you didn't have to do an early morning dash to auntie Donna's (well kind of pleased anyway!!).

I am sending good vibes over to the buns, hoping to see them together here soon.

Helen

CIMG0312.jpg
this is pair number 1, they seem to have settled nicely and will definately be able to go out tomorrow evening.

I am on tenterhooks wondering if Fudge is going to give in to some love from a friend.

Any news Janice or has she been keeping her distance?

If anyone has done animal communication, maybe you could have a word with her. Little boy seemed to quite like her last night when they met so it'll be her that needs a talking to.

Fudge
IMG_0991.jpg

They have both been out on the grass for most of the day, eating both grass and hay, little one constantly, they have both been washing as well, so must be reasonably comfortable in each others company. Fudge has had the odd growl at little one and on a couple of occassions she has lunged at him, not to the point of needing any intervention though.

When I brought them indoors, Fudge settled in the litter tray, little one sat next to her and fudge chased her away. Now they are back together.

My gut feeling is that I think it will work but may need a little longer ....

They are currently sat next to each other in the litter tray :? I think Fudge when she is lunging at little one is just trying to say give me some fuss and attention ... but poor little boy hasnt quite worked out what he is meant to do ;)

It proves a point that they are all different with different rabbits.

Ooo, so we may well see her accept him then.....poor wee boy. Bet he doesn't know what has hit him.

David asks, what you think the relationship would be. Surrogate mum or older woman.....:shock:

Ooo, so we may well see her accept him then.....poor wee boy. Bet he doesn't know what has hit him.

David asks, what you think the relationship would be. Surrogate mum or older woman.....:shock:

:oops::lol::oops:

I am going 70% chance that this little boy will be going home with you. By lunch time tomorrow I think we will know for definate if we are progressing.

I ahve just placed some nice ripe banana on the top of her head and down her ears .... he likes it and is currently licking off the banana. Hopefully she will now see him in a different light :D

:lol::lol::lol:

What a brill idea. I do hope that she gets the message and enjoys the lickey head.

Everything crossed here.

Back