• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what are your rabbits favourite foods?

harpo

Warren Scout
I am fairly new to owning rabbits and was wondering what treats and veg are most loved by your rabbits?

The most popular basic food veg that I've found is fresh greens (also know as spring cabbage). They only really like the dark green leaves (this also been the best bit for them to eat) but I've not had a bunny refuse if and are usually waiting for it to arrive.

The most popular treat amongst my rabbits is raisins.... the go mad for them (maximum of three or four at a time, depending on size of bunny.)

Last edited:
Mine love carrot tops, sometimes if they're poorly they're the only thing they'll eat.

Also, small amounts of apple, swede and organic (sulphur dioxide is scary) dried apricots.

They also love raspberry, strawberry and blackberry leaves!

Mine seem to eat just about anything, but Aroma and her sons eat more hay than the others (even if they live separately)
They all love dandelions, clovers and whatever else I can find and give them...yet somehow the little boys don't seem to love bananas as much as the others.

Mine love spring greens,dandelions,grass,corn on the cob occasionally,carrots,pears occasionally,cellery,broccolli,they love striping the bark off the trees in the garden and their favourite is Andy"s power tool cables:lol::lol:

grass :lol: I've tried raisins and apple but neither of them are really interested, so I pulled a few bits of grass from our lawn and they love it :lol:

Mine like grass, spring greens, carrots, apple, brocolli,pear, nectarine, purple sprouting,kale and all the herbs like coriander, parsley, sage etc.

Their absolute favourites are dandelions, rose, and for little treats shredded wheat, pineapple, plums, rich tea biccies and they go mad for the smell of chocolate, but they've never had any!

There's probably loads more that aren't jumping to mind atm....

mine love alfalfa sticks...they love carrots spring greens and the love fresh parsley and corriander, they also like a bit f banana now and again apple and apple tree branches and leaves dandilions um what else oh nut tree leaves and blackberry bushes!

Kale is the big favourite here! we get serious stomping if the kale runs out :shock:

They like a little bit of apple and carrot as a treat and they love fengugreek crunchies and herbs plus, oh and fresh picked dandelions....

I could go on :D

Back