• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving Bunnies

milly100

Alpha Buck
My 2 bunnies will be going to live outside permenatly tomorrow. Im a bit worried about my little girl going outside as she has always been a house rabbit, but when her comapnion died we got a rescue bunny to be her new companion but he is defintaley an outdoor bunny. So after much thinking and debating I have decided to let them both live outside as I didnt think it was fair putting 1 outside and keeping the other inside. Im I doing the right thing??

it must be hard for you putting her out after having her inside with you but try not to worry im sure she will get used to it soon enough

I know in the long run Im doing the right thing but its just the actual doing it which is going to be hard :(

It is going to be very hard for you after you are used to having her inside. I know you say he's an outdoor bunny but would it not help if they were outside all day and then you can bring them in to sleep in the house? Is that what you have been doing already?

I have to move all my house bunnies out to the garage for a while so I do know how you feel :cry: I think it's even harder though having to move a bun used to a free range lifestyle to a hutch and run. I think it's more us worrying than the buns though...

At the moment they are outside during the day then inside to sleep but he has to go into a dog crate as hes not properly house trained and he absolutely hates coming in at night time, even when its dark and wet!!! but I dont really think its fair to keep him outside on his own and also I would have to use seperate runs through the day as I couldnt keep on bringing her away from him then reintroducing every morning as that will cause problems

i think shell be fine cus shell be all loved up with her new man :) if shes really miserable after youve tried atleast youll know and you can then try them both as house bunnies.. i doubt youll need to tho, they seem to adapt really well to what ever us humans throw at them... it took pearl about two weeks to adjust to being a house bunny so dont worry if your girl seems down at first shell soon love her new life :)

Absolutely the right thing.
Patch was a house bunny until I go Bobby who definitely isn't, so they both went outside together. They were so happy in their lovely big run and it made me happy to see them together.

Back