• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hutch/run on Patio

milly100

Alpha Buck
Hi :wave:,

My 2 bunnies will be moving into their new hutch/run combo tomorrow. Ive had to place it on the patio as we dont have much suitable grass and the patio is the most sheltered area. The buns will have access to a run on the grass twice a week. I was just wondering if this would be ok?? I was also considering growing some grass and parsley and other bunny safe herbs in pots and placing them inside the run for them to nibble on. what does everyone think??

Sounds good to me, all my buns accommodation is on paving/patio and they are perfectly happy. I also have pots full of bunny friendly herbs and let them out on the grass and they love it.

yes, many people do this as this means they can't dig out and nothing can dig in.
When i moved mine into the kennel ( already on patio and can't be moved) i was concerned as they've never set foot on patio so it's full of picked grass but this week i couldn't be bothered to pick any so it's full of hay
xx

Luckily my bunnies are used to being on the patio as that is where their run is most of the time. So them going to live on there wont be such a big change

sounds fine, my buns are on a paved area i have a couple of small patches of grass which they have access to when they have some free time in the evenings.

if you would like them to have grass each day you could always grow grass in about 4 seed trays and put one in the run,alternating it every few days giving it time to grow

sounds fine, my buns are on a paved area i have a couple of small patches of grass which they have access to when they have some free time in the evenings.

if you would like them to have grass each day you could always grow grass in about 4 seed trays and put one in the run,alternating it every few days giving it time to grow

Thats an excellant idea about the trays. I think I will definately do that. thanks for that

My buns playhouse is on our patio as they kept digging out when on the grass,your set up sounds ideal,much more secure and as you say sheltered.You can also keep an eye on them,my neighbour had her rabbit down the end of a 150ft garden,I think that is a real shame :cry:

You sound like you have an ideal set up.

My husband should be finishing my bunny patio tomorrow and then started the bunny aviary :D

K x

Running around on slabs also helps keep their nails worn down. I haven't had to trim my buns nails (my least favourite job - I'm always terrified I'll cut them too short and make them bleed) since they've been on slabs.

Back