• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Overgrown Teeth

My bunny, Ronnie, has overgrown teeth and has them cut by the vet avery 4 weeks...
He hasn't had them done for a while as I was checking them and they wern't long enough to have cut...
Today, he was in his run outside and before I put him in I checked his teeth, they were quite long so I am arranging an appointment at the vets. However, I went out to check on him and he jumped and went mad. He wouldn't stop running.
I picked him up and there was blood EVERYWHERE! It was all over me and all over his face. He had a mouthful of blood and I am cleaning out a cage to put him away, but I'm worried. Should I clean his face with warm water? Where is the best place to put him?

Please Help...

oh gosh, hope he is ok. i would suggest he goes straight to the vets.

tbh 4 weeks is far to frequent and i would consider having his incisors out. I have a dental bunny, Bailey. He hasn't had his trimmed for 10 weeks and we had them checked today when he went for his HVD and they do not need doing.

Good luck x

My bunny, Ronnie, has overgrown teeth and has them cut by the vet avery 4 weeks...
He hasn't had them done for a while as I was checking them and they wern't long enough to have cut...
Today, he was in his run outside and before I put him in I checked his teeth, they were quite long so I am arranging an appointment at the vets. However, I went out to check on him and he jumped and went mad. He wouldn't stop running.
I picked him up and there was blood EVERYWHERE! It was all over me and all over his face. He had a mouthful of blood and I am cleaning out a cage to put him away, but I'm worried. Should I clean his face with warm water? Where is the best place to put him?

Please Help...

Your Rabbit needs Veterinary attention tonight.

Janex

Im sorry to hear this has happened to Ronnie.
He will need to see a vet asap.

Please update us,

Sending get well vibes to Ronnie x

Back