• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet Plan have rung me...

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
asking if i wanted to take out cover for peanut as i enquired about insuring him a week ago. When i called them they said he wouldnt be covered for anything relating to weightloss as i said he is underweight at the moment. But i dont know whats causing it etc.. and the woman told me that he wouldnt be covered for anything to do with his weightloss

theyve just rung me and said 'do you ant to take out cover' and i said 'well no because i was told he wouldnt be covered for that, and im basically (gunna be honest) wantign insurance as im concerned there MAY be something wrong with him. and hes said because hes just lost weight and not actuall SICK/ILL i can still be covered :? :? :?

i wanted 2 be honest cus i didnt wana get out cover for them 2 then turn round n tell me im not covered

Im pretty sure youll have no chance of claiming if they can prove there was something wrong before you took out the insurance - also, they don't cover for problems that appear in the first 14 days of the insurance - again, to avoid people getting insurance when they suspect theyll have to claim soon.

hm.. well it is a tricky one. Petplan are usually pretty good about not questioning and as long as nothing has come up on any recent health checks and he's all vaccinated it's not like he has an existing illness so I would think you'd be ok.

As long as you don't claim with in 14 days obviously.

well...because my vet thinks there nothing wrong with peanut, it says hes fine on his records.

so TECHINICALLY if i was 'dumb' and didnt know he migth have problems iw ould be agreeing with my vet...if that makes sense? theyve assured me as long i dont claimw ithin 14 days im okay

and i cant claim for his hocks for 2 months, which i agreed with

Back