• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Coalville Animal Auctions

There used to be one in hugglescote i went there a few times but its quite upsetting:( where abouts in coalville is it suppose to be as i live there

Not quite sure where it is. We've had people in who got rabbits from there for diddley squat as far as money goes but they're about 6 weeks old at the most by the sounds of it.

I think there should be a RU auction campaign where money is raised to buy these animals and rehome them? I'm not sure whether this is a good idea though??

These places should not be allowed to do this! :censored:

Goodness knows what sort of people they selling them to as well, the sort that get sick of them and put them into rescues! :(

I think there should be a RU auction campaign where money is raised to buy these animals and rehome them? I'm not sure whether this is a good idea though??

It's awful, but frankly there are already enough mistreated pets to help that you can't go out of your way to save the ones that haven't yet been mistreated yet :(

OH MY GOD!!!! It could be!!!!
How dreadful.
Toffee and Apple might be auction animals.. the shame:cry:

I expect that most go as food for humans or dogs, ferrets, etc.

Or even used to train greyhounds, as bait for fighting dogs, etc.

Very sad :cry:

My o/h dragged me along to a bird show years ago, and I was mortified that after the bird sale they had an auction for guinea pigs - luckily there were only two siblings.
A bloke behind me told his son to bid for them "for shooting practice".
I bid a fiver straight away and got them, but wondered why all the blokes were sniggering.
Apparently they usually went for 75p:cry::cry:

What animals are sold?

Rabbits,guniea pigs,ducks,chickens,and a lot of other caged birds
There was a litter of rex rabbits at the last one i went to covered in scabs and mites:( the handling of this animals is terrible me and my friend had a go at these two blokes who were handling the pregnant piggies very harshly:(

:evil: I hate these kind if auctions ! First Satuday in the month tomorrow and Henley In Arden will be doing there horse fair and small animals auction :censored: :evil:

no it's not a good idea because then the people selling them would breed more to make more money. Although it's heartbraking its best not to go to these places at all. I agree that there are already too many animals needing homes and it's impossible to save them all :cry::cry::cry:

no it's not a good idea because then the people selling them would breed more to make more money. Although it's heartbraking its best not to go to these places at all. I agree that there are already too many animals needing homes and it's impossible to save them all :cry::cry::cry:

That's exactly what i was thinking

Back