• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

regarding white bodies with black strip and eyeliner

areia

Wise Old Thumper
just something i have noticed really i have looked at lots of piccies of loverly bunnies, i have noticed lots of white buns and an awful lot have a black strip down the spine and black what i would call eyeliner, ive noticed its just not with one breed either is this just a colouring trait or from cross breeding ? or just because they are just like that, anyone have any idea how they came about or am i just asking a silly question here:?

Not a silly question, it can come from English in the history, hotot can make the eyeliner and ear markings, but sometimes it does just crop up in random litters
I think they do purposely breed this colour into dif breeds like lops too but im not sure about what they cal it or anything

There is a gut problem called megacolon associated with animals of this colouring so theyll need their poos monitoring to make sure theyre normal and unaffected

Hotot bunnies are generally completely white with the black eye liner look...they are :love:

I think the stripe probably stems from English origin and this can also add to the ear and eye markings.

hotot ?!?!?! ok thats cleared my mind up thanks guys :lol: was bugging me a little
charlie i have one up for adoption ;) well 2 :D janice put up a post up "two fluffy brothers" you can guess which ones humbug :lol: as i thought he looked like a sweetie he has the same markings

Apparently the genes that cause the normal spot markings (as in the English Spot breed) are a bit funny in that they often throw up babies who are virtually all white with only a small amount of colour (usually around the eye, nose and sometimes on the back). These rabbits are sometimes known as 'Charlie marked' due to the fact that they often have a moustache type marking which bears a resemblence to Charlie Chaplin.

I don't know anything about the genes that cause this, but I bet the breeders on here would know.

Hotot bunnies are generally completely white with the black eye liner look...they are :love:

I think the stripe probably stems from English origin and this can also add to the ear and eye markings.

Our Fae is an attempt at a hotot bless her, only she came out with one eye patch so ended up with us! Shes beautiful

Our Fae is an attempt at a hotot bless her, only she came out with one eye patch so ended up with us! Shes beautiful

Fae is :love::love: I've never actually seen a true hoto before, just in pictures! I've had throw backs through my door that look very similar but I think they stem more from the English origin. That eyeliner look is so fetching! :lol:

hotot ?!?!?! ok thats cleared my mind up thanks guys :lol: was bugging me a little
charlie i have one up for adoption ;) well 2 :D janice put up a post up "two fluffy brothers" you can guess which ones humbug :lol: as i thought he looked like a sweetie he has the same markings

:shock:I'm going to look at them...i'm not allowed any more bunnies...more bunnies = me being homeless :shock::lol::cry::cry::cry:

Back