• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

lump found on my rabbit

harpo

Warren Scout
i took my rabbit martha to the vet for her myxi jab and to arrange to book her in to be neutered, they have told me not to arrange for the op yet as they have found a lump on the back of her neck area, it is quite mobile but they want to check it again next week and possibly do a biopsy, has anyone else had a rabbit with a lump? she is 2 years old approx and is a dwarf lionhead.:(

Hiya :wave:

Did she have a VHD vacc or any other injections or identichip prior to the day of the myxi vacc? Could be just reaction to one of those.
It could also just be a harmless cyst or abscess (does she live with another or had any recent scrapes in the neck area?), if its mobile thats a good sign :D

Sorry to hear about Martha, I hope it's nothing serious. Let us know how you get on once she goes back for the check up/biopsy.

hopefully it's nothing to worry about, she hasn't had any previous jabs since january, i was hoping to get her neutered asap as she needs a companion and i'm due to take her to rabbit residence in herts for bonding as soon as she is ok.

:wave: mums bunny just had a nasty weird bump which ended up with a hard raised outer edge and dry but nasty coloured in the middle..vet thinks it could be a cat clawhole from mums neighbours cat who appeared in her lounge as hunnybunny was recovering from being spayed a few days earlier in her cage(puss got in through a tiny gap in an ajar window and my mum was only in the kitchen making lunch.

they can get cysts allsorts so hopefully its nothing to worry about..ill be keeping fingers crossed..
btw my first ever hosuebun had one like a mole it felt like buthard underneath and moveable a bit..the free vet check at the time said shed been attacked by another rabbit poss her mum and itd healed over and encapsulated the tisssue making t firm and bobbly and yet moveable:shock:

Back