• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

panacur,do I need to see a vet before giving?

biscuitblossom

Warren Veteran
Panacur can be bought online ....if I was to worm all my bunnies would I need to consult a vet first?....all buns are healthy and up to date with jabs but I have to confess I've never used panacur.

Also where do people buy from?....Ive found 6 tubes for £26.00 (plus £2 p&p) at wormers online.co.uk.....is that good or can it be bettered??

I order mine in litre bottles from the vet, it lasts a longer time then :lol:. Buy the one for dogs, the 10% one not the 2.5%.

it works out cheaper, there is actually no difference in the ingredients, I think the paste is easier to give. Are you worming for EC? The only thing is there is only nine days in the pastes, which isn't enough to treat or protect for EC.

2,5 isn't that good, you would need a lot bigger dosage to get the same effect, they need to be on the 10% suspension.

as I say I've not wormed my buns before its reading on here the problems people have had with EC that has alerted me to it,my vets have never ( in 6 yrs+ of me having rabbits) mentioned worming them.

as I say I've not wormed my buns before its reading on here the problems people have had with EC that has alerted me to it,my vets have never ( in 6 yrs+ of me having rabbits) mentioned worming them.

Some vets only think you should treat EC once symptoms show up, but it might be too late by then :?

Personally I find it very hard to administer the paste, Lilly really hates it :(
I'm going to try the liquid and see if it's easier to disguise inside a treat

Some vets only think you should treat EC once symptoms show up, but it might be too late by then :?

Personally I find it very hard to administer the paste, Lilly really hates it :(
I'm going to try the liquid and see if it's easier to disguise inside a treat

have to say dosing 6 bunnies,at least one of whom hates being picked up, was worrying me too!!

Just spoke to our chief vet at the RSPCA and he said as long as you are following dosing instructions it doesn't matter which you give. If you give 10% it just means you should be giving a quarter of what you would be giving if you gave 2.5%

We'll order the 10% in future as it means we'll have to use less of it.

Just spoke to our chief vet at the RSPCA and he said as long as you are following dosing instructions it doesn't matter which you give. If you give 10% it just means you should be giving a quarter of what you would be giving if you gave 2.5%

We'll order the 10% in future as it means we'll have to use less of it.

is it 0.2ml per kg for the 10%?

I actually use the sheep one as it works out cheaper still and can order that in litres, but if anyone orders the sheep one don't order panacur SC oral suspension as this contains selenium and cobalt and it's not suitable for rabbits, but the normal 10% oral suspension for sheep, is the same as the dog and cat one.

The liquid is harder to administer than the paste, it's basically the same thing but the liquid is a lower concentration so you need to administer more of it. Can't get them to take it for love or money :(

Back