• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Encouraging Eating Of Veggies?

MollyND

Young Bun
So our new bun Sandy has no interst in veggies. I've been feeding what i'm told are his faves but no luck. He'll nibble on hay and pellets but nothing else. What do i do?

Does he eat grass? If so and/or he's eating plenty of hay I wouldn't worry. Rabbits don't need anything else besides grass/hay. If they are eating a lot of pellets they won't want much of anything else. I have tried to reduce my pellets now to encourage him to eat more hay. He eats grass all day.

How old is he/she? Maybe he will eat more as he settles in?

We have two new bunnies, Speckles and Dobby.

Speckles will try anything we give them to eat - veggies - fruit - the hutch.

Dobby is a lot more reserved - a little fruit but mainly hay and grass.

We have tried them on Parsley and Corriander this week and they both liked it.

Maybe your new bun just likes hay :)

is she young? mine used to be like that i used to joke she must be the only bun in the world who doesn't like carrots (before i found this website) i tried grating veg then (cant remember why) and it worked so try that and anything that cant be grated just tear into little pieces soon after i went to slices and then to bigger pieces after that

how 'new' is he? It may take him a while to settle in and get over the stress of new surroundings. :)

:wave: Hi my friends new bun at first wouldnt eat any veg, the lady who she re-homed him off gave her a list of his fav greens.Now slowly he is eating Parsley, Coriander and he loves Mint, so try some herbs.Plus from what she tells me hes quite partial to a apple ring:lol::lol::lol: Best of luck.:D

He's about 4 months had him for about a week. I've tried parsley,cilantro,broccoli,carrot but no interest. I didn't know rabbits could have mint but i'll have to give that a try.

Back