• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how meny bunnies will she have

kimsey

Warren Scout
how many bunnies will my dwarf lionhead rabbit have? just found out it will be her second litter

how many bunnies will my dwarf lionhead rabbit have? just found out it will be her second litter

Probably 6-8.
Have you seperated her from the Buck? She will be very fertile immediately after giving birth and if the Buck is still with her he will impregnante her again.

Janex

As Jane said - is the buck separate now? He may kill the babies & mum doesn't need to get pregnant again so soon, it will wear her out:cry:

No one can really say for sure until the kits are born. Do you know when the last litter was born? If she was with the buck back then it's likely she was bred soon after giving birth, meaning litter nr 2 should come 4 weeks after the birth of the first.

i took this rabbit on without knowing much at all about her, all i new is she was homless and i could take care of her so i took her home, iv found out today she had a litter at 9 weeks old, which is extremly young i thinks, and she was with her brother till the day i got her 2 weeks ago, she is housed on her own. the only other rabbit she sees here is snow white when they go in garden to play, snow white is an old lady now, deffenetly female as had her own litter few yr ago.

i took this rabbit on without knowing much at all about her, all i new is she was homless and i could take care of her so i took her home, iv found out today she had a litter at 9 weeks old, which is extremly young i thinks, and she was with her brother till the day i got her 2 weeks ago, she is housed on her own. the only other rabbit she sees here is snow white when they go in garden to play, snow white is an old lady now, deffenetly female as had her own litter few yr ago.

I am glad she is in better hands with you now :)
I hope she copes ok with her second litter. I too cant say how many she will have. Sorry.
Snow white is a lovely old lady :love::love:

yeah snow white is huge aint she, its haert breaking to of found out today baout all this, i found out she took her bunnies heads off coz the old owners kept interfiering, do some people really have no sense at all, its a scary to think about. also she was brought for £60 from pet shop, knowing little about rabbits, and brought her and her brother who is the father. they brought her at 7 weeks old and she had bunnies at 9 weeks old, well this is going to be her last litter poor girl she is so playfull i hope if i just leave her in a quite room she will look after her new bunnies on arrival, iv cover 3 quaters of her house with a towel over it so she can have some security, bless her.:cry:

It's very very very unlikely (actually impossible) that she was only nine weeks old when she had her first litter so they have got her age wrong or were told a lie.

She was probably young which is why she rejected and mutilated her babies, and if the buck was in the same cage at the time he could also be partly responsible. She will prob do ok this time if you just leave her be. Make sure she has plenty of water and food including greens and let her get on with it. Good luck!

The earliest a rabbit matures is normally 10 weeks, I've heard of maybe ONE case where they started humping at 8, but either way its impossible for a rabbit to have a litter at 9 weeks, as she would have had to be bred at 5 weeks, which is highly unlikely. So I'm guessing someone must have lied on the age here or that she never had a litter at all.

It would be lovely to get her spayed and keep back a male bunny for company for her so she doesn't have to live alone.

The earliest a rabbit matures is normally 10 weeks, I've heard of maybe ONE case where they started humping at 8, but either way its impossible for a rabbit to have a litter at 9 weeks, as she would have had to be bred at 5 weeks, which is highly unlikely. So I'm guessing someone must have lied on the age here or that she never had a litter at all.

yes very true, im so angry with the history or lack off iv been told, i really have no idea how old she is now and i seriously am very worried for tinkerdora, she came to use as well with no name, which i also thought was horrible that the orignal owners never named her, its just sick,

should i found report these ex owners? coz its not all adding up is it?

aww at least you are caring how old is old snowy then? the old lady? my mums buns sooty and chelsea are older buns too i love them 9yrs and 10yrs respectivly bless them both! :) i hope the new bun is given the love she deserves and try not to worry some rabbits if not ready to be a mum sadly will attack the babies or if they feel they are geneticly flawed while i hope this doesnt happen here i can imagine she has been quite stressed before coming to you good luck xx

What would you be planning to report the old owners for?

i have no idea, but neglect for starters, i shall jut leave it now any way, but it just makes me so cross that she was borught for £60 and not wanted after such a short time, and has had a litter so earlie, and now poss on 2nd liter, im starting to wonder now if she is expecting as nothing has happened yet

Back