• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Joey has EC

He is 1 year old
This message is going to sound emotionless. Thats because Scott and i have both been drained completely of emotion
Were numb, it has all been too much. Shattered. Broken
I realise a lot of the people on this forum do not like us for some unknown reason. I ask that these people please do not post in this thread. Abuse will simply be ignored here. This is not our fault, none of these awful things have been our fault. Weve done everything right and always have done, so please keep your supposed opinions about things you know nothing about to yourselves
I suppose im posting to ask for help, from those who do care
Some advice or something, i dont know
Were not in the right frame of mind just now to make decisions and take action
Sun, Charlie, Earl, Amile, theyre all gone. All that is gone. Joey is a bag of bones. I look at him and i see Sun in her final weeks. All that love has been taken away, so quickly. Its too much to handle
Were not in a fit state to go through it all again, the nursing, the waiting. Hes so young. Hes our baby boy
We dont deserve any of this and neither do/did they
Fae is still with him although she looks fine. He is grooming her constantly, which he never used to do
I dont really know what im asking for
Maybe i should post when i can feel something other than total devastation

I haven't got any advice I'm afraid but I just wanted to say, I'm so sorry you have had to deal with all that you have. xx

Thanks so much you two:( Just knowing people have some empathy is a big help at this time, it really is
I wish i knew what was happening...i really wish i knew
Bad luck? Some kind of cruel lesson?
We cant handle it again. Its been too many times this year
:(:(
Thanks again

I am sorry you are feeling so low. I have no experience of EC so unfortunately can not offer any advice, I am sure someone will come on and help you soon.

Hope Joey and you pulls through this as you clearly love him. Thinking of you.

Thank you very much

Our latest loss (for there have been too many:( ) Sun died of EC. She became incontinent and scarily thin. Joey is now at that weight, or less perhaps, i dont know. They just deteriorate. I know about the treatments and know about the illness. They still go. I cant go through this again and i cant face it, its far too much stress, weve lost so much this year

Anyway i dont know what im saying again

Thank you

Some buns do make it through EC, so please don't give up hope.

I am sending lots and lots of vibes to Joey to help him pull through.

Oh hon I'm so sorry you're having to go through this :cry: I have no experience of EC but I'm thinking of you both and I really hope Joey can pull through this for you xx

Thanks. Trying not to give up hope but its quite hard. Not sure we can cope with nursing a bun again, not after all were going through ONTOP of bunny stuff, plus grieving for the buns weve lost, its all far too much, its crushing

I don't think you should blame yourself at all. I think it's tragic that all of this has happened at once but some things are just out of our control. You will know in your heart what is the right thing to do.

Hi I Have No Idea What Ec Is But So Sorry To Hear You Are Having A Rough Time - Hopefully You Will All Get Through It Together Xx

Sorry to hear this :(

Have you had a chat to your vet? I'm not really familiar with EC or the treatments so don't know what to suggest really. I'm sure someone with more knowledge about this will come along soon.

I'm so sorry for your losses.

I'm afraid I don't know the full story, especially about the death of your other buns, but from what you've just posted it doesn't sound like E Cuniculi to me.

Rabbits often carry EC (sometimes for years) without showing any symptoms. It would be a massive coincidence for so many to start showing symptoms all at once. Also I doubt that EC related kidney disease (which would be responsible for the incontinence) would happen so fast.

I'm no expert, but with so many of your rabbits becoming ill in (presumably) a short space of time, I'd be looking at another cause...but what I have no idea... something poisonous in your house?, an infectious disease even?.

So sorry you have to go through this. I introduced a foster bun to my lot (I had a bonded 13 & he lived in the same room). After months of urine infections,incontinence, mucky bum, & vet visits with foster bun,I lost 2 of my 13 - 2 girlies. I had a PM on the second as she died so close to the first. My foster bun was then diagnosed with EC. All my buns were panacured for 6 weeks, but my foster died just after completing his treatment. I didn't lose any others, but to this day I don't know if I introduced EC & caused the death of my own buns.

I now have a strict quarantined & I didn't foster for ages. Have your buns been panacured? I also destroyed litter trays & cages, & fosters are now kept well away from my own buns.

EC is awful & has so many symptoms or none at all. I think it is really underated on here, when we vaccinate against myxi & VHD, but EC is so common. I hate when people take on free ad buns - I worry they don't understand the risks - like I didn't:cry:

Hope your buns pull through:cry:

Last edited:
how awful.. i wish i had some comforting words for you, you didnt sound emotionless hun you sounded lost and scared.. i cant offer advice either but i will send vibes that your little baby boy pulls thro xxxxxx

Have you got all your Buns on Panacur now ?
How did your Vet diagnose Joey's EC and what are his clinical symptoms?
What treatment is he receiving for those symptoms ?

Janex

I know exactly how you feel

Two years ago i rescued 17 bunnies (that started with two) from real scumbag conditions each day one would get ill then another then another until all were gravley ill. 15 of them had died already and then my handreard bunnie got it. I had been practising strict quarrentine but she still got ill.

Number 16 died on day 27 of panacur
i got used to the look that they had when they were about to die, paralysed and full of fear. A skinny bag of bones No time to get them to the vet to help them along. Ok one minute dead the next.

No 17 survived i named him piglet and he was adopted by a wonderful family He looked the worst but he pulled thru, at the point that i was going to give up.

My handrear survived also just when things were looking bleak she turned the corner. EC is one of the worst things i've seen. It makes you feel so helpless. It makes you wonder why that bunnie why did this one die and the next live.

Dont give up hope. I'll be thinking of you and willing those buns to live

I know exactly how you feel

Two years ago i rescued 17 bunnies (that started with two) from real scumbag conditions each day one would get ill then another then another until all were gravley ill. 15 of them had died already and then my handreard bunnie got it. I had been practising strict quarrentine but she still got ill.

Number 16 died on day 27 of panacur
i got used to the look that they had when they were about to die, paralysed and full of fear. A skinny bag of bones No time to get them to the vet to help them along. Ok one minute dead the next.

No 17 survived i named him piglet and he was adopted by a wonderful family He looked the worst but he pulled thru, at the point that i was going to give up.

My handrear survived also just when things were looking bleak she turned the corner. EC is one of the worst things i've seen. It makes you feel so helpless. It makes you wonder why that bunnie why did this one die and the next live.

Dont give up hope. I'll be thinking of you and willing those buns to live

Was that confirmed EC? It's similar to a coccideous situation near me

Back