• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

White spots in poo - calling Jane bet you know the answer?!

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
What does this mean? Lolly has white spots in her poos they look like speckled eggs :shock: I 'm really worried has anyone else seen poo like this?

Last edited:
Has she eaten anything out of the ordinary?

Not really relevant but when one of my buns managed to eat a couple of coloured pencil his poos were bright green and blue! :shock:

Has she eaten anything out of the ordinary?

Not really relevant but when one of my buns managed to eat a couple of coloured pencil his poos were bright green and blue! :shock:

Wow green and blue poo :shock: :lol:
She has been eating bits of fabric she shouldn't :roll: but it was brown so i really don't know :?

Oh no worms?! How do they get that? :?

They have litter trays with carefresh and hay on top and they are indoors so the only other thing she lays on is fleece blankets

Are you sure it's not just specks from the Carefresh? I noticed that the droppings often have a speckled effect and after a panicky investigation I realised it was just tiny bits of megazorb.

Are you sure it's not just specks from the Carefresh? I noticed that the droppings often have a speckled effect and after a panicky investigation I realised it was just tiny bits of megazorb.

That could definitly be it...

x

um if not bedding or something she eaten?(maybe daisy leaves or something with white in) then could possibly be worms or fly eggs... hopefully nothing to worry about but really keep an eye out incase!

When Ra had worms they were quite clearly worms, and not just little white specks, if that helps!
If bun has been panacured then I doubt it is worms. If he hasn't then I do it as a precaution:D

Thanks guys

I really don't think its the carefrsh as its grey these spots were pure white.

I have been checking their bums everyday as i am paranoid about flystrike just checked them both again and all fine nothing on them anywhere, i will speak to the vets in the morning (don't think i need to call emergency) and maybe do the pancur just in case.

Hi :wave: It could be pin worms which don't actually do the rabbit any harm unless in very large numbers but panacur will get rid of them.
Emily

Fly eggs are yellowy and shaped like a grain of rice...so probably not that

Apparently you are supposed to be able to see worm eggs in the poo, but when mine had worms, I was too busy looking at the wriggly worms to notice anything that could have been eggs.

My initial thought would be bedding or something she's eaten too!

Back