• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dust free hay - a delicious miracle

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
I promise I'm not on comission from these guys - but seriously, I have been trying for a year to get sorrel to eat more hay with no success, and the other day I got some Dust Free Hay and it was gone in MINUTES. I have never seen a rabbit eat hay so fast.

I nearly ate some myself, it smelled lovely :oops::oops:

I promise I'm not on comission from these guys - but seriously, I have been trying for a year to get sorrel to eat more hay with no success, and the other day I got some Dust Free Hay and it was gone in MINUTES. I have never seen a rabbit eat hay so fast.

I nearly ate some myself, it smelled lovely :oops::oops:

Which sort did you get?

I'd love Dixie to eat hay, but so far the furthest we've got is him chewing it into pieces and spitting it out :roll:

stalky i think....have you tried that american timothy? I've had it before and it went down pretty fast but it is super expensive

They will think all their birthdays have come at once at the weekend then Ruth when they get the large bale:lol:

I can't wait - Sorrel is at the moment flinging her empty rack around as if to say "where's the next course then!" but i only have normal un-tasty hay left :oops:

Hi i have seen you guys talk about hay before can i just ask who is Norman??? is he local to you or can you order over internet? My buns love the excel super forage i also give them timothy hay but dont think they like that as much, saying that its just from pah.

My buns love the dust free stuff too. They will happily sit and munch, and I notice they get through much more than normal hay. I used to get it from a local farm, but they still prefer the dust free.

stalky i think....have you tried that american timothy? I've had it before and it went down pretty fast but it is super expensive

Hi :wave: I was the stalky stuff I sent over :D I told you if Charlie could be converted then anybun could :lol: I bought the 10 bale pack for £39.99 last time, I think it was at the end of March and I've only just opened bag number 6 so it lasts a long time- I give mine loads of it too, sometimes I just leave the bag in the run so they can help themselves because I'm forever filling up their hay racks and litter trays with the stuff :lol:

Last edited:
Its so magical :shock: imagine if it was freely available to buy in local pet shops and so on, how much healthier all the rbabits would be

just had to add to this post have tried my rabbits with so many different hays,oxbow,willow warren,petshop,farm bales but they have never been overly keen.After reading many posts,threads i thought i will give this dfh a go and omg i just can't believe it, it is the first time i have woke up to empty hayracks so firstly i would like to thank dfh and secondly all you members who wrote fantastic things about it:D

amanda

Back